Detailed my 5.0 today

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
It was about 30 degrees out, so I thought, hey let me freeze my ass off and detail this thing. Started off just washing it. Looked good, but it had swirls begging to be removed, and scratches. So I did the following all by hand- mothers california gold cleaner wax (strips all waxes, compounds, makes paint as smooth as glass). Followed that with mothers calif gold sealer and glaze. the paint came out ridiculous with that glaze. than hit it with my favorite wax, liquid lustre (pink) and was done. Wiped down the interior, shook out the mats, rain x'd all the windows and my headlights, cleaned my dipped wheels and was done. I even waxed the door jambs and skirts that you don't see when the doors closed. Overall i'm really happy with how it came out, and no swirls at all after all this hand detailing work. Oh and look at how wide those 245s are out back, wider than 315s shit... I need 3.5'' tips, 275s and spacers.

Dat MAC exhaust doe.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
You need to tint your taillights........

Also, is it me or is your passenger side muffler hanging lower than the driver side??

Car came out amazing... Wish I had some extra cash and you had free time. I'd pay for your gas to drive up here and do mine :(

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Dude paint looks amazing man
Thanks alot! 100% original factory 1995 paint. Car was never garaged, isn't now it sits outside in all weather. Previous owners literally never cleaned the car the way it should be cleaned. It looks like a fresh paint job. Mirrors, wing and front bumper are the only new painted parts
You need to tint your taillights........

Also, is it me or is your passenger side muffler hanging lower than the driver side??

Car came out amazing... Wish I had some extra cash and you had free time. I'd pay for your gas to drive up here and do mine :(

I wish dude, not worth the headache. One muff is back further than the other, thats what your seeing, cause the x pipe has one longer pipe than the other. Thanks lol. I would do your car, I could probably save the paint lol

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Damn Joe looking clean as fawk. That looks awesome man. Glad to see your taking care of it year round. I haven't washed mine since August when my ex left for school. It, looks, awful

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Damn Joe looking clean as fawk. That looks awesome man. Glad to see your taking care of it year round. I haven't washed mine since August when my ex left for school. It, looks, awful

Yeah I try to keep it fresh, and its black so its more work, more often lol. Thanks tho lol. I went 3 weeks without mine being washed, thats the most i can go. And when i have swirls all over it drives me absolutely insane!

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It seems like you detail your car every month.

Mine gets a detail maybe twice a year if I'm feeling nice.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Cars looking fresh man . Seeing all your Guys clean black stangs makes me miss mine

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I would do your car, I could probably save the paint lol

Hopefully your advice will be enough to save my paint :rolleyes:
I have a note in my phone of all the stuff you told me to do, with the exact names of all the brands and stuff, added up to like $70 in supplies I think.. But I will hopefully have enough to do my mom's car as well, hers has taken a beating over the years haha... Gonna wait for the new year after the holidays are over to spend money on it though, might even wait til spring. It won't get any worse than it is over the winter, but I'll be more pleased with it if I do it in the spring, plus I couldn't even bring myself to go outside today to work on my turn signal wiring and it was like 46 out today... lol

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Cars looking fresh man . Seeing all your Guys clean black stangs makes me miss mine

thanks dude. i love black cars, but I'm sure you know keeping em clean is a *****. But i think its the best color for any car or truck when its all shiny

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
man joe that car is clean!!! i know black is a pita too, lol. good work keeping it right!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
man joe that car is clean!!! i know black is a pita too, lol. good work keeping it right!! :thumbsup:

thanks a lot tony! its the biggest ***** in the world. but its worth it lol. i'm trying to keep it as clean as possible, especially now that snows coming soon =/

teal95gt

Reaction score
Looks good brotha man! Great job also fiveptslow I could detail your ride for yiu next spring if you wanted lol gg da and whole compound, polish, glaze and sealent also full interior cleaning.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
thanks a lot tony! its the biggest ***** in the world. but its worth it lol. i'm trying to keep it as clean as possible, especially now that snows coming soon =/
dam you daily drive this too huh? yea man you def put in work then to keep it looking right lol. sell it to me and i'll even keep it black :)

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Looks great!

Hey, have you looked into a vacation in Canada? You should check out Alberta!

Then detail my car....

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
dam you daily drive this too huh? yea man you def put in work then to keep it looking right lol. sell it to me and i'll even keep it black :)

Yeah man this is my daily lol. Drive it like 4-5 days a week. I put in a lot of work on this paint lol, blacks the best color tho. Nah man, haha. This things not going anywhere, im too attatched to it. 50 grand its yours, lol jk.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Looks great!

Hey, have you looked into a vacation in Canada? You should check out Alberta!

Then detail my car....
I haven't recently. Lol i'd love to detail yours, would be the sickest car I've detailed lol
Dang, looks good. Have any before shots?
Thanks dude, i didn't really take any. i got shots of it dirty though, lemme look

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
[MENTION=15366]Rallim[/MENTION] - Heres a shot from 2 weeks ago. This was as dirty as it was, lots of swirls and light scratches
C16A5B73-F3C0-45CB-8927-9505C300972F-13436-00000B6BF75B2015_zpsb16f8474.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online