Detailed something special...

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
They painted the bumper but they didn't even de-nib it? Dust nibs are normal.. hard to prevent them 100% but at my shop we sand them all off... as any shop should do... I'd slam that shop lol.

Nope! Shop owner knows my parents and did me a favor painted the front bumper, mirrors and my S281 for nothing, I gave him $200.. Still a bunch of orange peel on the mirrors, wing is pretty good.. But the bumper just pisses me off because I've tried to fix it twice. Now i know not to go there anymore.. In a couple months I'll go to another bodyshop and have it re sprayed..

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nope! Shop owner knows my parents and did me a favor painted the front bumper, mirrors and my S281 for nothing, I gave him $200.. Still a bunch of orange peel on the mirrors, wing is pretty good.. But the bumper just pisses me off because I've tried to fix it twice. Now i know not to go there anymore.. In a couple months I'll go to another bodyshop and have it re sprayed..

paint is one of those things where you get what you pay for. Cheap paint jobs mean they are cutting a corner somewhere and when you cut corners with paint it shows. Sucks that is was a family friend and not a stranger but unless you are a VERY good friend of the paint guy don't expect anything special and generally you will want to bring your own lube with how most work.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
paint is one of those things where you get what you pay for. Cheap paint jobs mean they are cutting a corner somewhere and when you cut corners with paint it shows. Sucks that is was a family friend and not a stranger but unless you are a VERY good friend of the paint guy don't expect anything special and generally you will want to bring your own lube with how most work.

Yeah I learned that, only $200 but atleast I know now. Yeah and the guy was like to my dad see how he likes it I didn't wetsand it unless he (me) thinks it needs it.. I looked at the parts and was like, uh yeah orange peel galore.. I'll find a good shop and have it fixed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.