Detaileng supply question

daves94vert

Reaction score
Is there a thread or place to go to trade wax and stuff? I'd like to try different waxes but don't feel like buying whole containers. Thx.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
lol i never even thought of doing this.....never had a reason to change but still

joekd

Reaction score
I would be hesitant to trade for used supplies since so many people have no idea how to store them correctly. Especially up here in new england where people have freezing temp garages and still store their supplies out there year round.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
dumb question then - how/where should the shtuff be stored?

The only place I get samples at is at shows, never had a vendor hand me any. I might know someone that can hook you up and will check but for the most part its just buy/try...

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i store all my waxes in the crawlspace..along with all my painting materials for the winter

Sinned83

Reaction score
Storage is simple dont let it freeze. I store mine in my basement at room temp. You cant really hurt wax heat doesnt hurt. They were all liquid form when they were poured. I have 10 year old tins of wax that still look amazing on properly prepped paint.

OP
OP
D

daves94vert

Reaction score
I was just wondering.I could pick up small shampoo containers and load them with liquid waxes, polishes, and stuff.

joekd

Reaction score
I was just wondering.I could pick up small shampoo containers and load them with liquid waxes, polishes, and stuff.

does that make them TSA friendly for domestic flights :D

OP
OP
D

daves94vert

Reaction score
The shampoo containers are 2oz containers. I can send someone a sample while still keeping some for myself. Hell, I have an 8oz bottle of optiseal and 1oz protects 4-5 cars. My chemical guys stuff comes in 16oz bottles and I have 2 of each and so on.

joekd

Reaction score
Mine freeze in the winter. Shake them up in the spring, good to go.

No offense but this is the exact problem I referred to earlier

Once they freeze the only thing you should do is throw them away

lutter94

Reaction score
No offense but this is the exact problem I referred to earlier

Once they freeze the only thing you should do is throw them away

I understand it isn't "good" for it, but its not going to hurt my car next year to use it. It might not "work as well" as new.

joekd

Reaction score
Why would you take the risk though? This stuff can get pricey, why not just toss them in a big ziploc bag and store them where they can't freeze? My garage is insulated and I still dont leave my stuff out there

lutter94

Reaction score
Didn't do it on purpose, happened last year, forgot the stuff was out there. Wax seemed fine the next summer. Some stuff didn't recover, but I didn't use it anymore anyways. The stuff I buy isn't overly expensive. Usually Meguiars wax and spray wax....and then your basic car wash soap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online