Diagnosis of my project 02 GT - Help Needed

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
The build date of the motor is on the inside of the valve covers. If youre going to pull the timing cover the valve covers need to come off too so you can check then. Its more of a curiosity now, its probably an original motor but the injectors got me worked up lol.

I feel you man, I am the same way. I always catch the details but you guys know the new edge body better than me so im all ears. You know what they say, "the devil is in the details," lol.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I feel you man, I am the same way. I always catch the details but you guys know the new edge body better than me so im all ears. You know what they say, "the devil is in the details," lol.

I had to get a new motor for my old 00 gt and the shop told me the new motor came out of an 01 gt and had 70k miles on it. I started to hear a tick one day and was told it could be the lash adjustors were collapsed. I swapped them out and when I took the valve covers off I was disappointed to see the build date of the motor was august of 1999! Thats how I know the build date is in the valve covers lol.

You know what youre doing, the new edge isnt much different than the sn95's except for the little stuff and in this case it doesnt really matter. Im just overly observent lol.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I had to get a new motor for my old 00 gt and the shop told me the new motor came out of an 01 gt and had 70k miles on it. I started to hear a tick one day and was told it could be the lash adjustors were collapsed. I swapped them out and when I took the valve covers off I was disappointed to see the build date of the motor was august of 1999! Thats how I know the build date is in the valve covers lol.

You know what youre doing, the new edge isnt much different than the sn95's except for the little stuff and in this case it doesnt really matter. Im just overly observent lol.

Me too. This is how you learn or fix issues like this. If the car has a failed timing chains, tensioners, and guides I truly will be a happy man. Then I will be able to enjoy this thing is slowly bring it back to glory. I just haven't had time to fix it ever since I bought it. The only thing I fixed was a broken battery tray, and new battery.

I will keep everybody updated on this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online