Do you ever just get bored of your car, or cars in general?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I daily mine about 4 days a week, so sometimes i get bored. But as soon as I get to a stop, turn the wheel and mash the gas, throw it sideways. Its all fun right there and the bored feeling goes away. That does it for me.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Just go on ebay and spend a little money on a bunch of little things that make a small difference. That always gets me back into liking my car

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that is funny as having a dd made me more excited about what I could do to the car since I didn't need it running ever day. Having a parts car really made me fearless to cutting holes or trying new stuff too the car with the thought if I didn't like it I could take it off of the parts car and be back to normal.

OP
OP
1997GT4.6

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
I get bored, I have been known to park my car and not drive it again for 2 years.

I am in one of those funks right now and can't decide if I need to finish what I have or just start over with a Terminator or SN4V.

Oh and slap a blower on your car and you won't have an issue with those B heads anymore. I like the B heads and LOVE the look of the 96-98 4V Intake so no way I would swap them. Boost is your friend... I have been looking at 98 4V Verts and if I do decide to swap from my 2V a T trim will be on in no time.
Park it for 2 years?!

I love the 96-98 4V intake as well, and yes they love boost but I don't want to spend that kind of money on my car. I have a hard time gulping $1200 for long tubes already lol. Not to mention that I'm about to sign up for student loans for university; so if the car breaks I will be stranded. I have a DD right now but that could all change. If anything, full bolt ons will hold me over until I'm out of school.
I honestly freakin hate my Mustang. But since nobody will pay for it, I guess I'm stuck with it. I'd rather drive my WRX any day of the week.
The WRX is by far a much more fun car to drive every day of the week. Wish I could afford one.
Just go on ebay and spend a little money on a bunch of little things that make a small difference. That always gets me back into liking my car
Good idea but I can't think of anything that I am wanting at the moment. I like your roof spoiler but that won't look right on my car.

OP
OP
1997GT4.6

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
That's one way to look at things Scott and the other fellow who said something similar. But there's nothing I really can think of, I'm not creative at all.

And I would do that Joe, but gas prices suck lol.

Richv: See but your car is purpose built and there is always something to tinker with. Mines just a street car with the intention of keeping up with Subies and Evos and putting Hondas in their place lol. I put a K20 swapped Integra in its place by about 5 car lengths or more.

darinmasse

Reaction score
Just do what I do go spend a street night at the drag strip get more inspired to spend that money go yo car shows between seeing nicer and faster cars in there element u will get inspired.and unboard really fast

Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using Tapatalk 2

RichV

Reaction score
Richv: See but your car is purpose built and there is always something to tinker with. Mines just a street car with the intention of keeping up with Subies and Evos and putting Hondas in their place lol. I put a K20 swapped Integra in its place by about 5 car lengths or more.

True, but it started out as a street car. Do you have any race tracks local? Auto-x, road course, or drag strips. Go try something new, before you know it, you'll have more time/$ to spend then you'll know what to do with.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
For some time now I've been really bored with my car or just cars in general. Having a hard time getting back into the game. I haven't spent a dime on my car in a long while. I drive it once a week. I think ever since I bought a DD about a year and a half ago I started losing interest. Also, I've been discouraged by having B heads instead of C heads.

I feel I'd rather spend my money on something else other than cars, but at the same time I have NOTHING to spend it on lol. I was going to do long tubes but I'm gonna have to spend about a grand and I have a hard time swallowing that pill. But at the same time I really want to hit 300whp +/- 5whp.

HOLD UP! WAIT A MINUTE! ....300rwhp? B heads? My question to you is why are you not past 300whp....especially with B heads!! If your one of these guys that thinks flow is your inhibitor. ..allow me the opportunity to change the way you think ;)

OP
OP
1997GT4.6

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
HOLD UP! WAIT A MINUTE! ....300rwhp? B heads? My question to you is why are you not past 300whp....especially with B heads!! If your one of these guys that thinks flow is your inhibitor. ..allow me the opportunity to change the way you think ;)
lol what? It would be much easier to hit the 300whp mark with C heads. But it can be done with B heads. Flow is not an inhibitor, what we want is flow lol. A friend of mine with a Mach 1 (c heads) had a cai, long tubes, o/r h, catback and hit 310whp. A B head car with that configuration will be lucky to hit 300.

True, but it started out as a street car. Do you have any race tracks local? Auto-x, road course, or drag strips. Go try something new, before you know it, you'll have more time/$ to spend then you'll know what to do with.
But I don't plan to turn mine into a track car. Yeah I'm in Phoenix, there's some good tracks out here and usually quite a few events. I haven't tried auto x nor road course but I have sat co pilot at such events. It was definitely fun and thrilling! But I don't plan to go all out like that. I have gone to the drag strip and while it was fun I eventually lost interest in it. Not many friends out here who are interested in cars anymore so that's a bummer. But I haven't done either in a while so its worth a shot!

Just do what I do go spend a street night at the drag strip get more inspired to spend that money go yo car shows between seeing nicer and faster cars in there element u will get inspired.and unboard really fast

Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using Tapatalk 2
The drag strip might be inspiring but then I reconsider: for what really? I do go to car shows once in a long while since my friends aren't into it anymore. There are more terminators and S197s here than anything, more depressing actually haha. But when I do go to car meets I start thinking about mods!

Suspect

Reaction score
im bored with mine cuz there isnt much to do to it. ive recently started taking in other cars just so im busy working on something. actually thinking about flipping a few for $$.. will help me buy a lift.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Half the problem with any 4v head is its flow capabilities especially the B heads. Flow alone will not gain what you desire. Your stock setup with stock cams can net some really good #'s but its up to you if your willing.

OP
OP
1997GT4.6

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Half the problem with any 4v head is its flow capabilities especially the B heads. Flow alone will not gain what you desire. Your stock setup with stock cams can net some really good #'s but its up to you if your willing.
Well no, flow alone will not gain what I desire. The heads and intake flow great. Yeah the entire stock set up plus forged guts can produce some good numbers, but that's not really what I'm looking for. I'm in college so I don't want it to break down on me with limited time and funds. Looks like I will be keeping my DD though as I don't owe a dime and my mother has volunteered to pay my insurance on it, but I still would have to pay the $80 for the Cobra. Thus I have been considering selling it and buying a foxbody to still have a mustang but pay much less on insurance.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Soooo...let me get this straight. ...judging by your previous post, your bored with the cars power potential as of now after spending more for aftermarket parts than you would have liked? And in your mind you think the power potential has hit a wall unless you spend another considerable amount of coin to improve your feeling about the car?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in college so I don't want it to break down on me with limited time and funds. Looks like I will be keeping my DD though as I don't owe a dime and my mother has volunteered to pay my insurance on it, but I still would have to pay the $80 for the Cobra. Thus I have been considering selling it and buying a foxbody to still have a mustang but pay much less on insurance.

Pay much less than $80 a month? Thats actually pretty good for a young person. I don't think a Fox would be much cheaper insurance wise, both V8 cars with higher insurance risk ratings. You would probably miss your 4VSN.

OP
OP
1997GT4.6

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Soooo...let me get this straight. ...judging by your previous post, your bored with the cars power potential as of now after spending more for aftermarket parts than you would have liked? And in your mind you think the power potential has hit a wall unless you spend another considerable amount of coin to improve your feeling about the car?
I am bored because I get bored of cars pretty quickly. Sold my GT after 2 years because it got boring. I do love this car though, its beautiful. And yes I do not like the fact that everything "left" is expensive. For example to reach about 330whp is much more expensive with a 4.6 than a 5oh. I don't regret spending what I've spent on the car in aftermarket parts. But yes power potential has hit a wall due to the considerable amount of money one would need to spend. I would like to be occupied doing more mods. I guess it comes down to money. I have enough to put a blower and supporting mods on it but too much coin, school is a much bigger priority.

But my goal during school is just to have a fun 300whp street car that sounds good, looks good, and holds its own. For some reason I have failed to see that my car is pretty much that already. IMO it looks damn sexy, just a few nice touches missing exterior wise. LTs away from my goal of 300lbs. I was chatting with a friend about my car, and he brought me to realize that I already almost have what I have envisioned since high school. Small short term goal, long term goal is forged guts and looking as sexy as h8trbuilts car on SVTP.

OP
OP
1997GT4.6

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Pay much less than $80 a month? Thats actually pretty good for a young person. I don't think a Fox would be much cheaper insurance wise, both V8 cars with higher insurance risk ratings. You would probably miss your 4VSN.
Its about $80 right now, and yeah that's actually pretty good for a young person. It helps that I am a student, responsible, level headed, and no negative driving record. I had a GT when I was 18 and it was only $37 for liability lol, so a fox would be cheaper than that I'd assume. Yeah after reading through tons of fox or SN95 threads on google I realize that the SN is a huge step above the fox not counting the chassis obviously. The build quality on the fox is comparable to the quality on my 93 Toyota Pickup; I don't think I would like that. Foxes are awesome and I will build one when I am done with school. I love my car, its almost exactly how I pictured it years ago exterior wise. My goal to get through school has always been a fun 300whp street car that looks good and sounds good. After some chatting with a friend, my car is almost exactly that vision. I just couldn't see it. Time to suck it up and order the LTs. A shop that sponsors a local mustang club will do them for $350; on a 4V that is one hell of a price! But I could save that coin and suffer doing it on jack stands in my garage by dropping the K member.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Its about $80 right now, and yeah that's actually pretty good for a young person. It helps that I am a student, responsible, level headed, and no negative driving record. I had a GT when I was 18 and it was only $37 for liability lol, so a fox would be cheaper than that I'd assume. Yeah after reading through tons of fox or SN95 threads on google I realize that the SN is a huge step above the fox not counting the chassis obviously. The build quality on the fox is comparable to the quality on my 93 Toyota Pickup; I don't think I would like that. Foxes are awesome and I will build one when I am done with school. I love my car, its almost exactly how I pictured it years ago exterior wise. My goal to get through school has always been a fun 300whp street car that looks good and sounds good. After some chatting with a friend, my car is almost exactly that vision. I just couldn't see it. Time to suck it up and order the LTs. A shop that sponsors a local mustang club will do them for $350; on a 4V that is one hell of a price! But I could save that coin and suffer doing it on jack stands in my garage by dropping the K member.

I too thought going to a Fox would be a fun idea and honestly, the interior quality is worlds better in the SN95 car. Granted both of mine were older (86 SVO and 88 5.0 coupe) but they both were just terrible interior quality. Nothing seemed to quite fit together right anymore. Honestly. the older 86-back dash seemed to be holding together better than the newer, much better looking Fox dash, but that could have just been car to car. But still, the 95's interior was waaaayyy better. And Fox seats suck.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'd say I get more frustrated with my car than bored, but it does happen and I think that's just part of human nature. If you can't get excited about it and don't enjoy driving it then I don't really see much reason to keep it around just because. Sometimes things just change and it's just time for something new, but if you're not excited about modifying it I wouldn't force it because it'll probably end up as a waste of money.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online