Don't buy an Exedy Clutch

Shane

Reaction score
On my auto to manual swap I installed an Exedy Clutch. Well I have 2500 miles on my swap and the clutch is done. Stock slow non-PI engine, 3.27 gears. Not impressed, I will be either buying an Sachs clutch or a Valeo King Cobra

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Im sorry you experencied a poor transaction with the company but exedy is a great company, sponsor of hte Modular Muscle Class, they put tons in R&D for our cars and their products. Clutches are wear items and are designed to wear out. WITH THAT SAID what happend to the clutch to cause it to go out in 2500 mi. Pictures of the friction disk?

OP
OP
S

Shane

Reaction score
Won't know till its out of the car. When its cold it will work fine with a slight squeak at start up, once its warm the pedal becomes VERY stiff and you can hardly move it, and you can hear the throwout bearing complaining.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Get it out of the car take a look at the disc, also what did you do about the flywheel, was it replaced? turned? reinstalled? Just because a part failed doesnt mean the company is garbage. Call them let them know whats up and that you had a poor experience with a product. These guys are people too, and they know all too well what can happen.

good luck.

OP
OP
S

Shane

Reaction score
The supplied TOB and Pilot bearing were used during the installation.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Its normally a best bet to use the OE tob, however you always can have a new part and have it be defective. I still say get it a part and look, call exedy and see whats up. I always suggest exedy and or ACT, good people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online