Don't Hold Back; What Do You REALLY Think?

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
I know this isn't a SN95 but I had to snap a pic. Is this a trend? Am I so far removed from the pulse of what's hip nowadays that I just missed this? I guess different strokes for different folks but...DAMN! Don't hold back...tell me what you really think.FLP Mustang.jpg

delling3

Reaction score
Come on, this is a carryover from Monday (April Fools) right?

I really can't imagine how it is even possible. I remember folks pulling a car body off it's frame and bolting it onto a truck frame like an old Bronco, but can't see how the suspension on a S-197 could be modded to hold what must surely be 30" riims?

Almost looks like a photoshop experiement gone wrong.

Reaction score
This has been going on pretty much since 2010. It’s been a fairly terrible decade for the automotive world. I’m hoping the 2020’s are better.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea like they said its been going on mainly in the south and florida from what I heard seems to have a good number of them.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I can appreciate other peoples idea of what looks good...uhm....with their own car and ill stand back to admire their art while trying to understand it.

Gott give the guy credit. The car turns heads

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I see stuff like that all the time. There's a few F-Bodies around here built that way.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
It's called a Donk. Thankfully we don't have a lot of them around here.

Silver95bird

Reaction score
So you're mighty gangster? I'm pretty gangster myself.

Our tax dollars hard at work. Ugh.

OP
OP
Wood's 5.0

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
LOL! No, unfortunately, this is an unedited photo I snapped during the middle of the day while riding around for work. Of course the THUMP, THUMP of the latest cop-hatin' (uuuhhh...rap, I think it's called?) is what made me look that way. I think FUGLY is an accurate summation of this once nice Mustang now taken to the depths of ghetto. IMO, whoever is responsible for this abomination should have their rectum sewn shut. Unfortunately, here in South Carolina we see this sort of thing a lot. Way too much in fact but it's usually relegated to the old Crown Vic cop cars, Grand Marquis', or Cadillacs. I hate it that a Mustang wound up getting "dunked" or "donked" or sodomized or whatever it's called. Since then, I saw a new body style Mustang (S550) give the same treatment; it was just as bad as this one. Sad fate for a Mustang even if it is a 6-cylinder. I wonder...this was taken in the middle of the day. Surely he must be on his way to work?o_O

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Not my favorite on the s-197 mustang; however (Mind you I work in Lima, OH several days a week) I've learned to appreciate that look on a beat ass old Monte Carlo from the 80s. Parade the old pile around town on rims that cost more than the car before it gets taken to the scrap yard!

trebor3170

Reaction score
Not my favorite on the s-197 mustang; however (Mind you I work in Lima, OH several days a week) I've learned to appreciate that look on a beat ass old Monte Carlo from the 80s. Parade the old pile around town on rims that cost more than the car before it gets taken to the scrap yard!
I see it all the time here in Maryland, on Crown Vics, ex police cars, sometimes with really wild paint, but yes rims & tires cost more than the police auction specials

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
a true donk will have some crazy paint job that will seem to be made to attract children. I mean I have seen everything from mcdonalds themes to skittles but they always seem to be geared towards children. I have been wondering if it isn't just the modern version of the windowless van with "FREE CANDY" written on the side.

OP
OP
Wood's 5.0

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
a true donk will have some crazy paint job that will seem to be made to attract children. I mean I have seen everything from mcdonalds themes to skittles but they always seem to be geared towards children. I have been wondering if it isn't just the modern version of the windowless van with "FREE CANDY" written on the side.
LOL!!!:D

RedTwilight

Reaction score
While one can say it's their vehicle and their choice to modify it as they like; I for one, do not like that style trend!
I find it aesthetically displeasing! Cars shouldn't be jacked up just to fit overly large wheels. It just simply doesn't look right. The proportions are all wrong. The best look is for the wheels to be properly tucked and the car no higher than factory (preferably lower).
Now this all deals with appearance only. If there is a functionality to it such as for Rally racing or such; then I'm OK with it.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
yea like they said its been going on mainly in the south and florida from what I heard seems to have a good number of them.

Next thing you know they will only be raising the front while leaving the rear squatted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995