Don't you just hate it when... **Finished, link to pics on post 224!!

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Re: Don't you just hate it when... **UPDATE: Post 200, Last crappy shot of car...

So, I just got a text message from my buddy at work(day off for me today) I should be getting the call very shortly, better, REAL camera pics will be up by end of day...

cmsismyname

Reaction score
Re: Don't you just hate it when... **UPDATE: Post 200, Last crappy shot of car...

Rice_slayer said:
So, I just got a text message from my buddy at work(day off for me today) I should be getting the call very shortly, better, REAL camera pics will be up by end of day...

lookin good

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

JonBeast said:
Painting the lower part of the bumper is nothing (I did it myself)...and painting the tails is super easy too. I think you're over-reacting bro...just see how it plays out.

If you're paying for a paint job, why would you be ok with them not doing the job fully and properly?

BMAC96GT

Reaction score

ahhh i bet that made you sick to take your car fresh out of paint and into the snow

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Not really, I havent seen it yet, and it has to be driven to storage through snow anyways lol. I just got this pic from my friend who is working and asked if I had seen it yet.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score

dude it's looking sick, chrome Saleens on yellow is so damn hot.

They've already had your car forever now so just have them keep it until it's how you want. Yeah painting tail light bezels and lower bumpers isn't hard but that's not the point. Tell them they F-ed up and to fix it. Anything they can do there will be better than what you can do with a rattle can, tell them to fix the bumper and to paint the tail lights before you pick it up. Or take a grand off the price since you're not getting what you were promised and what you wanted.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

^^ True, and they lazy A-holes didn't call today so I probably can't get it until Friday since I work both tomorrow and thursday now. I will see what they can do about it, I'm not letting those things go without a fight...

castine917

Reaction score

personally i like it yellow instead of black on lower rear of bumper. it is your car though and it should be the way YOU paid to have it done.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

I went to look at the car in person, it's in the compound so sorry for the crappy quality, but I'm AMAZED at how well the saleens and yellow go, glad I got rid of the black stripe. I couldn't get any good pics of the front, but got right up to the fence to get rear shots. DEFIANTLY needs that lower valance black along with the lettering, it looks way too bland without anything to "break up" the yellow. And looking at these pics, you tell me if I have any right to be pissed about them not painting the taillight bezels...
IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

those wheels do look great on there.

what's all that white stuff?!

got5.0

Reaction score

I say make them take money off the bill for a half assed job. I would feel like an idiot if I did that and didn't even finish the job and expected someone to actually pay with real money for that. Half assed job=half assed reward

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Dalamar said:
those wheels do look great on there.

what's all that white stuff?!
Lmao, that is a wonderful substance that frequents my city 4/12 months of the year called "snow". It came way earlier than last year(Snowed bad 2 weeks ago, last year the snow came November 30. Crappy part is my car is in the shop, and so is my Escape(they are doing a warranty job, the torque converter seal is leaking). I get the Escape back tomorrow for sure which is my winter vehicle, complete with a new driver's side balljoint(covered under warranty), brand new battery and brand new K&N filter, also bought a new fuel filter and spark plugs, which is Saturdays project(already have the MGD stocked up for it :p). I'm driving my dad's B4000 4x4(Mazda's Ranger) right now, it's standard which is weird to me, it's been almost 3 months since I have driven a stick :S.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score

daaaamn it's looking badass. i agree the rear bumper will look better with black, and the tail bezels are way dull compared to the fresh stuff. hook it up man.

bsn95w

Reaction score

Looks bitchen...
Sucks that the tail lights are a different color.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Alright, got the final quote and settled some crap and will be driving the car home friday, COULD drive it home tomorrow after work but we are expecting a blizzard tomorrow. Anyways, final Damage was only $3400, the manager knocked $600 off the supplies/paint cost, which was rather generous. Before I mentioned the taillights to him, to said they are ripping them out and painting them tomorrow, the lazy painters didn't want to mask the lights, thus, they didn't get painted but they are. The only bad news, they can't paint that part black because they clear coated it. Guess I'll be painting that myself come spring. Defiantly will need spacers in the back, the k-member pushed the wheels OUTWARD a bit and stick out farther than the rears. Will finally be over and done with Friday Afternoon. 1 Final teaser shot.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score

definitely a good choice going with all yellow. It's BS about not being able to paint it cause its cleared, that's what sanders are for.

mygreengt

Legend
Reaction score

needs more cobra headlights!

but it looks really good! too bad its in the snow

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

@Mygreengt- Soon man, soon. I have lots of things to do to it over winter, mostly cosmetic/suspension, cobra headlights are on that list.

@onyx- Yea it sucks and we do have sanders, but I'd rather do it myself at this point. I want to get it home and in storage before we get a HUGE dumping of snow, going to suck getting it home as it is lol.

Can't complain now, they even shampood/leather conditioned the interior, so it's cleaned to the bone and ready for storage :D.

got5.0

Reaction score

you gonna win ROTM son

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online