Don't you just hate it when... **Finished, link to pics on post 224!!

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Re: Don't you just hate it when... **UPDATE: Post 158, soon... very soon...

haha I wish, all the extra work is out of my pocket :(

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

keep up the good work!

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Thanks dalamar, it's finally getting done, apparently my main boss(owner of the dealership) lost it on the guys at the body shop because my car has been there for nearly 2 months now lol. Anyways, got a new picture of the passenger side rust, they cut off the "infected" area and are replacing this side too. Car is expected to be ready for paint by the end of tomorrow, and to be finished mid next week, if not, someone's gonna get killed by the boss :p.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Re: Don't you just hate it when... **UPDATE: Post 163, in the booth!

The final update until it's done now, the car is now sitting in the paint booth! I had to work a stupid sub shift this Saturday(8 hours vs. the normal 12, so I won't complain) but after I was done, snuck over to the body shop to see my car not in sight. Went to paint and saw all the body panels and knew it was over there. Opened the booth and finally, saw my car there. Everything is done and ready, here are the pics of it before paint (Black stripe on hood will be gone)

Note the new black shiny rear bumper support with the other parts, my cost: A huge $32 :p

And for kicks, my best buddy crashed his SECOND mustang about a month ago, it's been sitting in the body shop with mine. It is a 2010 Mustang GT, nice car, too bad it's an auto :p.

Win

Legend
Reaction score

That looks like he rear ended someone. He shouldn't own nothing but a Geo Metro if it's his 2nd Mustang in a month!!!

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Win said:
That looks like he rear ended someone. He shouldn't own nothing but a Geo Metro if it's his 2nd Mustang in a month!!!
No, it's his 2nd mustang in 3 years. Back in Grade 10 he had a 2007 V6, lost control on ice and smashed it into a tree. This time, he made an unsafe lane change and turned into an F-350 :S

Steven

Legend
Reaction score

Yall's body shop looks like it's relatively backed up. I wish ours was, we have a little work but not much

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

It snowed here a week ago, like blizzard conditions. First snowfall of the season=LOTS of accidents. They got about 5-8 cars on trailers in the past week, thus why the owner lost it on them that my car is still there lol. The snow is gone already and the roads are clear, but probably for only 2-3 more weeks, we usually get a snowfall in october that melts, then towards mid-late November get the first permanent snowfall.

bsn95w

Reaction score

looking good! ... kinda haha.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

So, I went to mount my brother's winter tires at work today (day off) and snuck over to the body shop. Looked in the sealed paint booth and saw a VERY bright yellow mustang in there, I almost jizzed in my pants on the spot, it looks amazing! Couldn't get a clear picture of it since the windows on the booth are plastic and the lights were all shut off, but I am told I will get it back on Friday, so I'll drive it home, in our freshly snowed on streets :(. All I can say is, Wow though, every part has been painted from that new white piece that was put on to the side skirts and other body parts(in a separate room). SOOO excited to get it back after 2 long months!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

booth bunny! whooho

badass96gt

Reaction score

Pics already!!! Quit with the teasing!!!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score

I learned an important lesson last year when I dropped my car off at the shop to have some work done. I explained to the guy that I had not been able to drive it for almost a year so it was not a huge rush to get it done. After 3 weeks of it not moving I finally told him that while I said it was no rush that if it was not finished shortly that I would be finding a different shop. The next day they finished it. When I asked what the hold up was he told me that saying to a shop(paint, mechanics, ect) that it was no rush is basically a kiss of death. He had been swamped and that was all he remembered was that it was not a bug rush.... Never gonna make that mistake again..

bsn95w

Reaction score

tell them to hurry up haha.

i had put the complete cobra kit on my car, sanded it, painted it, went on vacation, sanded it again, primered it, and painted it again in less time then they have been working on your car lol.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

ttocs said:
I learned an important lesson last year when I dropped my car off at the shop to have some work done. I explained to the guy that I had not been able to drive it for almost a year so it was not a huge rush to get it done. After 3 weeks of it not moving I finally told him that while I said it was no rush that if it was not finished shortly that I would be finding a different shop. The next day they finished it. When I asked what the hold up was he told me that saying to a shop(paint, mechanics, ect) that it was no rush is basically a kiss of death. He had been swamped and that was all he remembered was that it was not a bug rush.... Never gonna make that mistake again..

I told a shop I wasn't in a rush. A month and a half or so later and I only paid $1300 for a full custom paintjob. Sometimes waiting has it's rewards.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Re: Don't you just hate it when... **UPDATE: Post 176, Teaser shot ;)

Don't you just love teaser shots? Car will be done Monday/tuesday...

CanaryGT

Reaction score

Ewwww icky yellow... 3000 post ftw.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score

When are you doing the 4x4 to 4x2 conversion?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online