Don't you just hate it when... **Finished, link to pics on post 224!!

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Re: Don't you just hate it when... **UPDATE: Post 176, Teaser shot ;)

Over the winter, Have to pay a crap load of money for this, then I can get my suspension parts, but by spring time it will be 4x2 mode :)

castine917

Reaction score

it's looking good rice_slayer.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

mmmmmmmmmmmm

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Went in to look at it today, dunno what to think. They are spraying rust protectant on the rear areas where it rusted out, which is good but I saw somethings I will be talking to the manager about. My rear bumper is COMPLETELY yellow now, which pisses me right off, like I knew the black MUSTANG GT vinyls would be gone, but the area between the tailpipes is yellow instead of black like it should be from the factory, which REALLY ticks me off, the black there really gives it a meaner look. Another thing is they DID NOT paint my tail lights bezels like they said they would. They are sitting on the cart covered in dust with original paint. In otherwords, if they aren't painted when I pick the car up in the year 2020, I will lose it. I still will be bringing my new S281 spoiler to get painted in January or December, so if they don't paint the taillights, they will be coming back with me when I get the spoiler and I expect it to be free. Again, I don't know full details, but I'm a little ticked that this is how an EMPLOYEE is getting treated, the other service techs. warned me about our body shop...

castine917

Reaction score

before you get too upset ask yourself if it could cost you your job and is it worth any other outcome.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

It won't cost me my job, The body shop is seperate from the automotive shop. 2 of the guys I work with in the auto shop have had bad run ins with our body shop. Doing crappy work on an employee's car is crappy, I should be treated like any other customer. I won't go in and lose it, but I will be asking questions about the paint job itself and as for the cost, they said they would have to "sit down and figure it out". I'm only 18 so when I pick it up my dad is coming with me so they don't try and shaft me. I have been nothing but patient on this, and if after 2 months of sitting there, my car looks like crap, I better be getting something better than my normal employee discount. I won't start yelling, I'm just ranting here so I won't yell, but I will ask them questions like why the taillights weren't done when I was told (and quoted) that they would be painted and why the black strip on the rear bumper is now yellow when it is black from the factory. I won't yell, just ask honest questions about it.

Xero

Reaction score

That isn't something that should have an effect on his job. He brought his car there to be taken care of and it should be taken care of just like any normal customer. Even if he has some complaints, it shouldn't make him look bad as an employee. It is their job to make sure things are done right and accordingly.

98Viperblue

Reaction score

You can repaint that lower section on the bumper yourself. Its not all that hard to do. As far as the tail light bezels I don't see why they wouldn't paint those either. Your just getting really frustrated it seems because you want your car back now, and that is understandable! Body shops pretty much take forever period, unless your up their asses 24/7.

On another note, the car is looking amazing, and will be well worth the wait in the end.

castine917

Reaction score

Rice_slayer said:
It won't cost me my job, The body shop is seperate from the automotive shop. 2 of the guys I work with in the auto shop have had bad run ins with our body shop. Doing crappy work on an employee's car is crappy, I should be treated like any other customer. I won't go in and lose it, but I will be asking questions about the paint job itself and as for the cost, they said they would have to "sit down and figure it out". I'm only 18 so when I pick it up my dad is coming with me so they don't try and shaft me. I have been nothing but patient on this, and if after 2 months of sitting there, my car looks like crap, I better be getting something better than my normal employee discount. I won't start yelling, I'm just ranting here so I won't yell, but I will ask them questions like why the taillights weren't done when I was told (and quoted) that they would be painted and why the black strip on the rear bumper is now yellow when it is black from the factory. I won't yell, just ask honest questions about it.
that sounds like a good way to handle it.
Xero said:
That isn't something that should have an effect on his job. He brought his car there to be taken care of and it should be taken care of just like any normal customer. Even if he has some complaints, it shouldn't make him look bad as an employee. It is their job to make sure things are done right and accordingly.
if he went overboard and lost it the boss may lose it too. just going by what i read of posts does not tell me how he comes off as or how a boss could react. just from reading posts though i think i would like rice_slayer and will try to help advise him of what i think is in his best interest.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

The paint looks good, and the "spider cracks" that I had on the rear bumper are fixed, I'm just ticked off that I SPECIFICALLY asked if my taillight bezels were to be repainted too and he told me "Yes, it would look like s*** if we put them back on without being painted", his words exactly. I will be repainting the bumper part myself, but can't do that until spring now as we are well into winter weather here and won't see another 20*C day until March now. As I said, I'm happy with the work they are doing, but it's always the little things, like the taillights in this case, that I'm not happy about. I will use this as my example, my brother had his 2008 Mustang GT/CS in 2 years ago to get repainted completely under insurance because someone keyed every single fender on the car. Would they have just left the black GT/CS stripes on the side off? Same thing as my car, that black part is factory.

And as Xero said, it has nothing to do with my job, period. I work in the auto. department and have completely different bosses vs. the body shop. Just like in the shop, if we get an employees vehicle, we make sure we do the same quality of work as we would on a customers car. I have been more than pleasant to deal with, look at when this thread was starting and tell me that I shouldn't have any reason to be ticked. My car sat for 2 weeks in October doing absolutely nothing, if it wasn't for the owner of the dealership it wouldn't even be painted right now.

castine917

Reaction score

when i say boss i do mean the big boss.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

The big boss (owner of the dealership) lost it on them already for having my car in there so long, I'm pretty sure he'd back me if I had any complaints on the work done to it. He is a great guy to work for and is VERY nice and polite. Every payday, he goes around the dealership shaking hands with every employee handing them their pay stub. I'm pretty darn sure he wouldn't like seeing one of his employees getting shotty work done to their car, especially one as unique as mine...

Xero

Reaction score

I just got my car repainted last week. It sat the first day, they did the body work the second, and painted the next 3 days (laser red, 3 stage paint) So 5 days for everything. The shop i took it too is amazing. I could safely say if you lived down here and took it to them to fix, they would have had it done in about 2 weeks, maybe 3 depending on what had to be done, im not very familiar with your situation, but either way. They have a fast turn around rate.

rio red 95 vert

Reaction score

I just want to see the car all done! it will be so sexy. good luck with getting it finishing up, it must be hard going thought all this shit

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score

Painting the lower part of the bumper is nothing (I did it myself)...and painting the tails is super easy too. I think you're over-reacting bro...just see how it plays out.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

I have a 1994 gt, with horizontal lights, the bezels do NOT seperate like the vertical ones do, and I'd rather have a REAL professional paint my taillights vs. me rattle canning them with paint. I'm paying $4000+ for all this work, I dam well expect my taillights to match the rest of the car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online