Door switches

bmcgc

Reaction score
Are these supposed to be lighted? Mine aren't.

I never drive this Mustang, its my wifes car. We went out to dinner tonight and it was such a nice evening I told her to hop in the Mustang and we would drop the top.

Once we pulled out of the garage I noticed the switches are not lit. It makes it hard to figure out whats what in the dark.

I have been looking at ecoboost 2015s, but our 94 drives so nice I don't think I can part with it and I have to many toys to add another.

With only 53k and bone stock, I cant sell it for enough to make it worth selling, so I guess we will keep driving it.

OP
OP
B

bmcgc

Reaction score
In 94 the Mustang GT must have been a low end car.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
and yet if you compared it to a 97-98 it would look luxurious. I remember my dad had a 95 Lincoln that didn't have lighted switches either, AND NO MP3/BLUETOOTH I mean c'mon now! Remember that the CD player was actually a higher end option, or you could splurge and get the minidisk player....

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, very few cars had light up switches. I think the F-150 started them in 97.

That's why the buttons were made to intuitively. You know you can feel around for the depression in the window switch and press down, and down goes the window.

OP
OP
B

bmcgc

Reaction score
Im just going to drive it in the daytime. Problem solved.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
they made some that the arrows lit up on later and my 97 rangers cruise control buttons had lights in them for a few years as well too.

busta

Reaction score
No lights on switches and with the exception of the gauges, clock, HVAC controls and radio/CD player no other sources of ambient lighting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online