double din radio

glockshooter

Reaction score
i just bought a bezel to put a double din radio in to my 94 gt convertiable. i was just wondering are there any write ups on what exactly needs to be done to install it and what size radio fits how haed is it to move everything around to get a good fit

thanks

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
there are two sizes of decks for the most part until you get into the bigger screens or specialty deck for a specific model. Din and double din and any double din deck will work. You will need to trim some of the under dash a well as mount something to the under dash for the deck to rest on or some people I have seen modify the plastic part but its not as clean. I think we had someone show to to modify the original single din dash to a double din but I am not aware of anyone that has done a write up on here for what you want to do. ITs not that hard and I know there are other forums that have it but I know our software likes to block those addresses out. It would be a welcome addition to our forum if you wanted to make one.

RichV

Reaction score
I'd like to do this as well, seems like there are some grey areas on the mounting and support of the double din sized units.

Doesn't seem to need any modifications of the dash skeleton. Electronic side should be straight forward with a year specific harness.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Im actually going to do with with a backup camera this weekend. lets see how this goes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online