Droopy front bumper cover, how to fix?

msd143

Reaction score
So the previous owner at some point has replaced the front bumper cover. The headlights only shine about six feet infront of the car, and you can see in the pics the gaps abouve the blinker and under the hood. Also in the pics it looks like there are some brackest that look like they should be bolted to the sub structure behind the cover that the headlights attach to.

9292474c-6afc-4046-a682-4599d903b4e8_zps761bf3d9.jpg

null_zps264bff46.jpg

null_zpsffd3006b.jpg

null_zps2a2e9956.jpg

null_zpsb43a0c08.jpg

I am not a body man, so any help would be awsome, and maybe some pic of what it should look like when it is done right would be perfect.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like something isn't right with the header panel (the plastic panel behind headlights). Also yes it should be attached to the brackets behind there.

Id suggest taking off your bumper and headlights and seeing whats up with the panel

OP
OP
M

msd143

Reaction score
I also noticed that the slots in the header panel are about the same width as the the tabs, so do the tab stay on the side they are on or do they slide in on the otherside of where they are?

Is there special hardware (nuts & bolts) that I need to get to reattach it the right way and if so where can i find it? I have been looking for but can't seen to find anything.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[MENTION=8705]Brian95SVT[/MENTION] just recently fixed this issues on one of his buddies car I think.
He can probably chime in and point you in the right direction.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
The header panel ataches to those brakets.. it takes some threaded clips on the bracket and the bolts go from the inside of the panel. Once you get that every thing week line back up. Even the lights..

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
In the last pic there is supposed to be some speed-clips that you put 4 screws into to hold it up. I got mine apart now let me see if I have a pic of them.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Like the boys said ur missing the clips for the header panel it's a easy fix as long as that frail panel ain't broken

OP
OP
M

msd143

Reaction score
The panel is not broke that I can see. The car was in a accident and the guy bought it and replaced the front cover and I'm assuming the header panel. He also put in new headlights because the old ones were fogged really bad.

Thanks for for all the advice. If some one has some pic I would appreciate it.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think I got some I'll take a look or go take a pic of the cobra on the side of my house in the light toomorrow

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
^ yeah ttocs has a good picture of it.

This is the only picture I can find of mine. This is the broken one before I put the new one on. Must not have taken picture of the new one.

As you can see there is bolts that go through the bracket

y5iqMLBl.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online