drop spindles for the front - replicaR- what's the beef?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey replicaR, i'm just wondering if you could sum up the pros/cons of drop spindles. I like my front end to be nice and low, but don't want it to ride like a tank (upward A arms)
School me on that and the center of gravity would you please?

I've asked a few builders about drop spindles, and they didn't really know if it was good or not.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Dal, if you're unable to get a satisfactory answer here, (I don't feel qualified to answer this one) then might I suggest: www.corner-carvers.com

Smart bunch of guys there with their fair share of relevant track experience and appropriate engineering theory. (by real engineers)

I've read some very solid tech on that forum. The environment is appropriately harsh and bad tech/bad members don't last long.

Paul.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I know you can get a ton of bumpsteer with them, I'm not sure on any other effects. I used a set of G-body spindles on an S10 way back when, it looked cool, sucked to drive

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Paul said:
Dal, if you're unable to get a satisfactory answer here, (I don't feel qualified to answer this one) then might I suggest: www.corner-carvers.com

Smart bunch of guys there with their fair share of relevant track experience and appropriate engineering theory. (by real engineers)

I've read some very solid tech on that forum. The environment is appropriately harsh and bad tech/bad members don't last long.

Paul.

Paul, Jeff and Greg,

This is where I got all the tech from about the drop spindles as well. I remember a while ago one of the members of CC was selected as a test mule for a new set of drop spindles meant for road racing, unlike the drag spindles that Racecraft usually makes. This is the thread that came shortly after.

http://corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34665

In short, I think the quality was overall very good, and they were holding up to the punishment quite well. Last I read, Rich liked them.

Edit: excuse any misspellings, for it is late and I am drunk.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
http://corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34665

I just wanted to take this opportunity to say "thanks" to ReplicaR and also to add that I love engineers.

Paul.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info everyone,

Replica - I'll check that out. :TY: :thumb:

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I'll sum it up for you. Great piece of engineering, allows you to have a low center of gravity without having a fucked up roll center, tough enough for track use (Rich likes to run over the shoulder rub strips and kill the ball joints), multiple American Iron cars are using them to set some seriously fast lap times, some minor modification will be necessary just like with any other aftermarket product. You will have to probably get different springs though, maybe something longer, but that should not be a problem, because you'll be able to resell the ones you have for some money as well.

For further detail do check out the link I posted. I don't know if you will see the pictures, because I think if you are not a member, pictures are not showing, but all the tech is still there.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you Dimetry,
I just read through that, it's good info.
wish I could see the pics. I registered.

Sounds like I'll need longer coil over springs too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online

No members online now.