duh09's 1995 GT

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Project plans have changed once more for this Stang. The 05 SRT4 took over Daily Driver status and the 67 is still going to be the money pit, but I do want to do a little bit more work to this car. I've decided I'm about done with the looks of the car. A few tweaks and she's done. Its about performance now. Nothing is going to be done to this car until summer, but when I get a steady income coming in, she's getting some work done.

005-1.jpg

Modifications so Far
BBK O/R H-Pipe
Flowmasters, Turndowns
Lowered (not sure with what)
17" Bullits
White Face Gauges
K&N Drop-In
4.10s
Cobra Front Bumper
Black Beauty Head Lights
Kenwood Headunit (with XM woot)
Memphis Audio 6.5"s Front/ 6x9" Rear
King Cobra Clutch
2001 Cobra Seats, Black with grey suede
Dallas Speedcal
MSD Cap/Rotor and Coil
LED Gauges/AC Controls
Bullit Pedals
FR500 Steering Wheel
Custom White paint with a silver pearl and metalflake
GT Emblems shaved

Planned Stuff
MGW Shifter
Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft
HID Lighting
Tinted Taillights
MM Full Length Subframe Connectors
New Carpet to replace the old
Dynamat full interior
FRPP 10th Anni Cobra Shift Boot
FRPP Cobra Shift Knob with 5spd pattern
Rebuilt 302 with GT40 heads/intake
Vortech S-Trim
Coilovers

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Updated the orginal post with my blah blah blah...

Car is currently getting the tranny rebuilt. Should get it back hopefully by the end of next week. New, updated pics then... and my mom is getting me the FR500 steering wheel and Bullitt pedals for Christmas, so my interior will almost be done. I'm thinking that, a 10th Anni Cobra Shift boot (mine's fudged), MGW Shifter, and a new shiftknob (FRPP Leather and stainless one) will be about it for the inside. Might add black carpet in it later on down the road, depends on what it looks like... that and a new cluster if I can ever find one...

dafizuck

Reaction score
two battery relocation kits... THATS CRAZYYYYYYY. Haha jk man. Its always fun to write out a mod list for your car... but paying for all those things is never fun. It looks like you have your eye on some nice parts. The interior sounds like it will come out nice too. How do you like the 4.10s and the king cobra kit?? Lookin forward to the pics.

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lmao, It took me like a month to get taht list together, I'm sure theres quite a few mistakes. I'll fix it in a little, theres still a couple little things I forgot. I'd rather do it right from the get go, even if it takes longer to do than throw crap parts on it.

I really like the way my interior is coming together. To me, thats more important than my outside because I see a lot more than the outside. The seats were one of my best upgrades, and after I get all my little things to tie it together, it ought to look really nice without doing anything major (black interior swap for example.

My car came with the 4.10s, so I have no idea what it'd be like without them, but I do love them. It would be nice to have an extra overdrive gear though... Interstate/highway cruising isn't exactly great on the gas, but I can't imagine my car without them. The King Cobra clutch is a great clutch. My clutch had to have been horrible (first stick shift car I've driven soo iunno) because the King Cobra was like 1000000000x better. It really made the entire car feel newer, more crisp. Hard to describe, but it was a big enough diffrence that I had to relearn throttle control on take off to keep from spinning my tires.

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
Not to bust into the OP's thread but the 4.10's rock. I went from 3.27's to 4.10's with the KC clutch. grabs like a mo-fo.

Thats a nice list man! just start attackin it one thing at a time :) Thing is going to be nasty!
Where you at? If your close I could definately do some painting for ya.

dafizuck

Reaction score
1996mustangGT said:
Not to bust into the OP's thread but the 4.10's rock. I went from 3.27's to 4.10's with the KC clutch. grabs like a mo-fo.

Thats a nice list man! just start attackin it one thing at a time :) Thing is going to be nasty!

Nice. I was askin because I have the KC clutch kit and ford racing flywheel waiting to go in and I am going to pick up 4.10s and alum d/s very soon and I just wanted to hear some experiences. Nice to hear people are havin good experiences with these parts.

Duh... car is going to be a nice little ride. Keep the updates comin and GET SOME PICS UPPPPP. haha

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
dafizuck said:
1996mustangGT said:

Nice. I was askin because I have the KC clutch kit and ford racing flywheel waiting to go in and I am going to pick up 4.10s and alum d/s very soon and I just wanted to hear some experiences. Nice to hear people are havin good experiences with these parts.
Yeah im back to 3.27's i blew my rear out :'( might go 3.90's due to the s/c in the near future.

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Haha, pics will come soooonnnn. My car should be out of the shop tommorow if not tonight. We stopped by yesterday and he had everything pulled apart, he was just waiting on the parts to show up and if they come today like they're suppose to, he may be able to get it put back together today.

Its not like its anything amazing to look at. The only diffrence from my sig is I have a new stock hood so it doesn't have those godawful stripes there. But new pics will be coming, dont worry, dont worry. haha.

dafizuck

Reaction score
duh09 said:
Haha, pics will come soooonnnn. My car should be out of the shop tommorow if not tonight. We stopped by yesterday and he had everything pulled apart, he was just waiting on the parts to show up and if they come today like they're suppose to, he may be able to get it put back together today.

Its not like its anything amazing to look at. The only diffrence from my sig is I have a new stock hood so it doesn't have those godawful stripes there. But new pics will be coming, dont worry, dont worry. haha.

I'd probably tear up if I saw my car all torn apart at someone else's place... Good luck with everything.

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
you could kill the tinting situation yourself. I did the sides myself with 20% and am really happy with how they came out. Also for like $20 you can get tint preformed to your tails off ebay and do it yourself. Again I did these ,and it came out perfect. You just have to have patience to work with it. I did have small bubbles on the windows but they eventually went away. Its around $35 for 2 rolls and $20 for the taillight tint shipped to your house. I havent had any situations with the tail light tint peeling off of it either.

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Haha, I'm probably tear up if I saw my car apart here. haha, stuff that gets taken apart here never seems to find its way back together (have a 63 C10 thats in 5 pieces (bed, front clip, frame, cab, hood)) The guys working on it are real good, and I like one of the guys there. He's gotta a 67 and I'm pretty sure he'd buy my car up in a heartbeat if I was ever gonna sell it. And its not like the entire thing was in pieces, just the tranny haha. I'm gonna wait a few more minutes for my dad to get home and then give him a ring, hopefully its done.

I was planning on tinting my windows myself... gotta get that old junk off first. Its got a chrome-ish look to it... def not my thing. I'm not really sure waht % I'm gonna go with yet, but I'll figure it out. I might have my sister do it for me, she's better at it than me haha.

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I know how to tint, I've helped my sister a few times, I just have never done it alone... She does a really good job and I plan on having her help me out sometime as payment for watching her kid haha.

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Added a pic from a little mini-shoot I did with my friend's 86. Not the best side of my stang (bad peeling on the door with some idiots attempts to cover it up with non-matching paint UGH), but it none-the-less. Needed washing but it was just one of those, spur of the moment things, perfect lighting and we didnt really have any time as we were gonna be late just by stopping.

But I promise within a week. Car should be buttoned up tommorow and I'll have it again but its pouring rain as I speak and have a muddy, muddy, muddy driveway so my car won't be clean for a couple days...

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so yea, screw those pics. Its WAY too rainy and muddy to clean it up and get some shots.

Got exams tommorow and thursday and then half a day friday and I'll be out for Christmas break.

Christmas Break To-Do List:
Change the oil
Install bullitt pedals
Install FR500 steering wheels
Buy some rubber floor mats
Shampoo carpet and clean up the inside
Take sub out
Reroute a few wires
Replace broken sway bar
Buy some jacks and jackstand, the ramps aren't cutting it anymore.
Wrap/Protect the speedo-wires
Have a little more exhaust work done (new hangers, weld the other muffler to the H-Pipe, etc)

dafizuck

Reaction score
duh09 said:
Ok, so yea, screw those pics. Its WAY too rainy and muddy to clean it up and get some shots.

Got exams tommorow and thursday and then half a day friday and I'll be out for Christmas break.

Christmas Break To-Do List:
Change the oil
INSTALL BULLITT PEDALS ********
Install FR500 steering wheels
Buy some rubber floor mats
Shampoo carpet and clean up the inside
Take sub out
Reroute a few wires
Replace broken sway bar
Buy some jacks and jackstand, the ramps aren't cutting it anymore.
Wrap/Protect the speedo-wires
Have a little more exhaust work done (new hangers, weld the other muffler to the H-Pipe, etc)

The pedals are worth it in the end... but they sure are the biggest pain in the ass. Sounds like a good break though.

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, they look annoying to install, but they look nice. Once I get my door panel things, and my new shift knob and stuff, it ought to look really nice as a whole package.

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So far all I've gotten done from my to-do list:
Installed half the pedals, I can NOT get the clutch and brake one on.
Changed my Oil
Bought the jack/stands
Protected Speedo-wires
Shampoo Carpet

I don't have the money to replace the sway bar like I thought I would. I think I'm gonna keep my sub, but I need to make a new box. The wires are the sub wires so they'll get redone with the new box. Planning on putting the wheel in Saturday. And screw the rubber mats, I'll get them later lol

dafizuck

Reaction score
Updates FTWWWWW. But I have a tip for the pedals... heat them in the pot for maybe 5 minutes instead of two. They will be VERY hot but much easier to use. If you cannot handle them bare hands(understandably), throw some latex gloves on. Works like a charm. Windex helps too if you havent tried that yet.

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I heated them multiple times, but yea, handling them was a bitch. I need to try the gloves thing... it'd prolly help if it wasn't like 40 degrees outside. I had some trouble with the accelarator and getting that pin back in, ended up breaking a piece of the plastic off and had to superglue it back haha. Tryed the windex too but I didn't notice much of a help, but I will be using it again just because haha. Once I get them in and the steering wheel, I'll have the hard stuff on the inside done. Woot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeanfltns01

Members online