Dupli Color or G2?

mr_mustang_2

Reaction score
I'm planning on painting my calipers soon and I've heard mixed reviews about the Dupli-color kit so what do you guys think is a better kit that or the G2 kit that you can get off tirerack? And also I want to paint my valve covers so what's the best type of paint to use for that? (98gt)

ripper

Reaction score
Dalamar just did his covers i think theres a sticky on it. PM him ask him what paint he used.

badass98svt

Reaction score
You don't need to buy some rip-off kit.
Just buy some high-temp primer, paint and clear.
As far as valve covers go, why not powdercoat them. it's cheap.

OP
OP
M

mr_mustang_2

Reaction score
What type of a place would do powder coating? That would look awesome, or getting them polished, I just wouldn't know where to take them for that kinda stuff

badass98svt

Reaction score
Look up powder coating in the Phone book. There's places in their.
Instead of polishing parts, just have them powder coated with "Almost Chrome".

badass98svt

Reaction score
Wow.
Alright, then try calling a couple body shops. I'm sure they can refer you to some place.

voidfinger

Reaction score
how would you powdercoat some plastic valve covers or polish them? maybe i'm missing something.

O and instead of painting the calipers go on and do it right and get them powdercoated. or, where i got mine you can get powdercoated ones for like 10 dollars more. Still stock by the way.

blown4point6

Reaction score
Here are mine. I just used Krylon Fusion paint. It's made for plastics and has held up food for a over a year now. They have some scratches from me banging them with wrenches but other than that they have held to the heat just fine. All I did wash them with soap and water (you can lightly scuff them if you want with some sandpaper if you want, I didn't do this), spray them with a couple coats of paint and clear coat if you want and you are done.

As for the calipers, I have used regular spray can paint before and it did not hold up (I must be hard on brakes). You can get high temp brake paint at any auto store. I am going to be doing this soon. Probably this weekend.

100_0689.jpg

100_0692.jpg

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Look in Garage Section under the "My First Customer" thread, he does great powdercoating and does it at awesome prices

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online