dyno numbers!!!! what can do to get a little more!

F1atlander

Reaction score
well with the mods in my sig and without a tune i put down 242hp/295tq.

i was hoping for around 240whp but was trying to be modest. i really expected 260ish and in the 300s for torque.

other than a tune, what other minor things can do to reach 260-280hp.

blue96

Reaction score
what cam are you running? with the mods you have listed a tune should really wake things up, id imagine the pro comp heads flow pretty well, Ive seen gt40 cast heads put down 280 at the wheels so maybe its just beggin for a tune or your cam isn't right for your combo

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Remember, dyno numbers are well more useful as a tool for how "efficently" the motor works rather then how powerful it is. The physicl number is less important then people believe. If you want a dyno queen, build one but if you want a good car that makes good efficent power, dont even look at the number.

OP
OP
F1atlander

F1atlander

Reaction score
Ya still a stock cam. Yeah I see what ya mean as it just being a tool to see how well it's performing. Just didn't like having lower #'s than all my buddies with ls1's that I've ran down on the street.

det_riot

Reaction score
F1atlander said:
Ya still a stock cam. Yeah I see what ya mean as it just being a tool to see how well it's performing. Just didn't like having lower #'s than all my buddies with ls1's that I've ran down on the street.

Well if you're still winning and they're putting down more numbers, more braggin rights ;]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Canaryonvskf’s

Members online