Eagle cast cranks

94IndyPace

Reaction score
Has anyone used an eagle cast crank lately? Wondering how the quality is on them. Planning on a stoker build and utilizing my .040 block and there is only 1 kit for what I want. Otherwise I’ll have to piece it all together

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Eagle products should be capable of the same hp potential as stock, if thats the power level you are aiming for. And Im always going to suggest taking any unknown engine part to a machinist to have them check it out new or used.

Probably i see often are triangulation ground journals. This can be checked with an Arnold gauge while rotating the crankshaft. The Arnold gauge shows actual runout differences of the journal roundness where as a micrometer only measures distance across. Micrometers might catch issues with the journal, but can also be over looked as good due to the high tolerances and minimal capabilities of the measuring tool. But with an Arnold gauge, it will show differences of the journals roundness.

Their may be a trangulation runout acceptance tolerance standard, but i dont know if that exists or what that is. One would think a machine capable of holding a perfect round tolerance would produce a near perfect journal, but humans and our inherent inability to be repeatable did set up the crank in a machine and any debri within the work holding, loose bolts, or steady rests not set properly can cause problem like described.

OP
OP
94IndyPace

94IndyPace

Reaction score
Eagle products should be capable of the same hp potential as stock, if thats the power level you are aiming for. And Im always going to suggest taking any unknown engine part to a machinist to have them check it out new or used.

Probably i see often are triangulation ground journals. This can be checked with an Arnold gauge while rotating the crankshaft. The Arnold gauge shows actual runout differences of the journal roundness where as a micrometer only measures distance across. Micrometers might catch issues with the journal, but can also be over looked as good due to the high tolerances and minimal capabilities of the measuring tool. But with an Arnold gauge, it will show differences of the journals roundness.

Their may be a trangulation runout acceptance tolerance standard, but i dont know if that exists or what that is. One would think a machine capable of holding a perfect round tolerance would produce a near perfect journal, but humans and our inherent inability to be repeatable did set up the crank in a machine and any debri within the work holding, loose bolts, or steady rests not set properly can cause problem like described.
That’s mostly what I had read about Eagle was there journal issues. I will have that looked at when it goes to get balanced. I had seen some Scat cranks that broke when not being abused. I guess it’s a luck if the draw with any cast crank it seems like

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.