Eaton m112 2v blower.

tooslow

Reaction score
Not sure how many of you have heard of this yet or not. maybe i should have put this in the FI setion, but i figured more 2v 4.6l guys would see it if it were in here.

a new company called Tork Tech is making a m112 Eaton kit for the 2v cars. It uses a Magnuson Gen5 blower housing with m112 internals and a revised inlet. Should be even more potent than a standard cobra Eaton.

I would post the link to it, but i don't want this to come off as me advertising for them. not with them, don't care about them, just spreading the word amungst the 2v crowd there is a new PD blower option out there. basides, people throw around the names procharger, vortech and KB around here like crazy so this should be ok.

I believe it may even be upgradable like the 03/04 cobra cars are. IE- 3.4l whipple/2.8h KB possibilities.

blower%20picture%201.jpg

dyno of a stock 2v

dyno%20pics.jpg

it is a hair over $4k. not bad.

95-stang

Reaction score
If there was one like that for my old windsor motor i would buy one. [maybe there is\was]
Looks like a tidy piece of kit anyway. :santa_afro:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
wonder what the benifits are with this blower OVER the one from Ford Motorsport ( if you can even get it any more )

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Lightning Struck said:
wonder what the benifits are with this blower OVER the one from Ford Motorsport ( if you can even get it any more )

Google!....noob.....j/k

I think if I do go with a s/c setup...I'll go with the Rotrex

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
AaRoN said:
Lightning Struck said:

Google!....noob.....j/k

Isint that a watch ??? :D

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Lightning Struck said:
AaRoN said:
Lightning Struck said:

Google!....noob.....j/k

Isint that a watch ??? :D

Yeah you hook it up to your cig lighter and it gives you like 500 to the wheels :D :D :D

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score

the SVO/FRPP blower is a non intercooled eaton m90. this is an intercooled Eaton m112. its also a magnuson housing, which is MUCH MUCH more effecient than even a ported term cobra eaton housing.

MustangMatt96GT said:
but why would you buy that blower? Its so innefficent!

like i just said, it more effecient than the typical eaton m112 found on cobra's. and that hasn't stopped anyone from buying a cobra has it?

Also, its modeled after the cobra lower intake. meaning you could take the Maggy off, and put on the whipple/Kenne Bell of your choice.

hell, after the blower swap you can sell the maggy on E-bay and offset half the price of the kit.

about the rotrex/centri blowers. for $4k you'd be hard pressed to get a blower that performed as well as this would. it can easily support 500hp, many 03/04 cobra's have proven this. plus you get the instant responce of a PD blower. this blower is more than enough for any stock block 2v. unless you feel your stocker is up to the tast of holding 500+hp. :santa_evil:

no, it isn't the greatest blower. a KB twin screw would be better, but for almost $3k more. but if it is in fact the same pattern as the 03/04 cobra lower than any term blower can be fitted to it. <--- that is why this is a good kit.

link to the kit.

http://www.torktech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
tooslow said:

the SVO/FRPP blower is a non intercooled eaton m90. this is an intercooled Eaton m112. its also a magnuson housing, which is MUCH MUCH more effecient than even a ported term cobra eaton housing.

MustangMatt96GT said:

like i just said, it more effecient than the typical eaton m112 found on cobra's. and that hasn't stopped anyone from buying a cobra has it?

Also, its modeled after the cobra lower intake. meaning you could take the Maggy off, and put on the whipple/Kenne Bell of your choice.

hell, after the blower swap you can sell the maggy on E-bay and offset half the price of the kit.

about the rotrex/centri blowers. for $4k you'd be hard pressed to get a blower that performed as well as this would. it can easily support 500hp, many 03/04 cobra's have proven this. plus you get the instant responce of a PD blower. this blower is more than enough for any stock block 2v. unless you feel your stocker is up to the tast of holding 500+hp. :santa_evil:

no, it isn't the greatest blower. a KB twin screw would be better, but for almost $3k more. but if it is in fact the same pattern as the 03/04 cobra lower than any term blower can be fitted to it. <--- that is why this is a good kit.

link to the kit.

well there ya go :santa_afro:

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
tooslow said:

MustangMatt96GT said:

link to the kit.

Cool :santa_afro: Thanks for the info. Seems like a good kit for the $$$

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
i just hope they did in fact keep the 03/04 cobra pattern. i heard from a few sources that it does. from others that it will have an interchangable mounting plate. either way should be good, but an 03/04 pattern without dealing with plates would be better.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
tooslow said:
i just hope they did in fact keep the 03/04 cobra pattern. i heard from a few sources that it does. from others that it will have an interchangable mounting plate. either way should be good, but an 03/04 pattern without dealing with plates would be better.

I agree! Again, thanks for the info. :santa_afro:

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
they are still charging WAY to much for that kit...they need to get it to $3,000 or less

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
a inside source said if the kit is successful and they start selling, depending on the volume they sell they can lower the price to around $3,200 and still make adaquite profit. that is if they sell. if they don't sell in decent numbers, the price will stay as is.

supply and demand.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's cool!
that would be a great kit for the street, good on motors that arn't all upgraded $$ ect.

el docum

Reaction score
Hello,

If you want this s/c on a 96-98 GT you must replace the engine by a 99-04 If I understand right.

I think, it's it the same kind of blower that you found in a Saleen S-281 2001, the engine is a regular 4.6 L, not a 32 V :

100_2186.jpg

voidfinger

Reaction score
tooslow said:
a inside source said if the kit is successful and they start selling, depending on the volume they sell they can lower the price to around $3,200 and still make adaquite profit. that is if they sell. if they don't sell in decent numbers, the price will stay as is.

supply and demand.

well if it was around 3k then i would think about it... but for 4K there is a lot more cost effective ways to hit that. I like the fact that you can change the blowers. Wish they would make one for the 5.4L 2v motor. Then i would seriously hit it up.

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
Saleen used a M90. with a very crappy manifold.

IDK how well planned out this manifold is, but 380+rwhp with a stock PI gt isn't bad. and that was with the lowest boost setting.

PI swap guys could use this. and i'm sure it can be retro fitted to nPI heads. every other PI based manifold can, why not this? don't know how effective it would be.

Heres a thought. this + hellion "hell raiser"

can you say sleeper 2v from Hell? (robustly built block of course.)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeanfltns01

Members online

No members online now.