egr Delete!!

Rantheman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
1,050
Reaction score
0
SO I am thinking this route to deleting my eGr what would be benifts to this and what affect would it have
 

19mustang95

Legend
Joined
Jun 25, 2006
Messages
6,137
Reaction score
5
have you found the pieces to block everything off? i cant find them....and i heard getting the nut off the headers is the ultimate PITA
 
OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
1,050
Reaction score
0
I know a couple that make em. so here is what they do supposably. They keep carbon out of the plenum and heads and pistons so it won't build up. keeps tempatures down in the plenum. the top end will last longer, and they say your gas milage will increase a little
 
OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
1,050
Reaction score
0
So i am going to do it. it cheap Upr makes it there a couple on ebay and modular depot makes it
 

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
15,376
Reaction score
203
Location
South Jersey
i bought mine from Randy on ModularDepot..its just a plate and cap for the header...it cleans up the looks of the engine compartment and does help keep intake temps down which is why i did it since Eatons run hot to begin with.
 

97blackgt

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,064
Reaction score
2
Rantheman said:
I know a couple that make em. so here is what they do supposably. They keep carbon out of the plenum and heads and pistons so it won't build up. keeps tempatures down in the plenum. the top end will last longer, and they say your gas milage will increase a little
How does it increase gas mileage..doesnt the egr take unburned fuel and put it back into the manfold to be burned? And as far as keeping temperatures down, wouldnt the extra fuel being dumped cool the cylinders more? idk im just curious because if it does have all the benfits u listed i might get on myself. Thanks for the good info O0
 
S

scarface

Guest
DropTopPony said:
i bought mine from Randy on ModularDepot..its just a plate and cap for the header...it cleans up the looks of the engine compartment and does help keep intake temps down which is why i did it since Eatons run hot to begin with.
Me too, ford parts, and under 15 bux...Cant beat it :)
 

19mustang95

Legend
Joined
Jun 25, 2006
Messages
6,137
Reaction score
5
how hard was it to get the tube off the headers? and you can just get the CEL from it taken off by a Xcal or other tuner right?
 
OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
1,050
Reaction score
0
Well I took my egr tube off completely But what do you do about the two small hoses the go to the little module does it come with caps for those
 
S

scarface

Guest
Rantheman said:
Well I took my egr tube off completely But what do you do about the two small hoses the go to the little module does it come with caps for those
I removed the module all together.
DFG_Ownz said:
how hard was it to get the tube off the headers? and you can just get the CEL from it taken off by a Xcal or other tuner right?
It will be a PITA with your long tubes. I had to remove mine to get it off.
 

ju015dd

Well-Known Member
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Sep 30, 2006
Messages
4,283
Reaction score
1,828
Location
tallahassee, fl
i have had my egr removed now for close to 2 years with no probs, i love how much cleaner it looks under the hood
 
OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
1,050
Reaction score
0
Im' with you


SO scarface I just take that part off and leave the electrical plug hanging
 
OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
1,050
Reaction score
0
Thanks droptop I can't find the one Randy has on modular depot
 

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
15,376
Reaction score
203
Location
South Jersey
Randy doesn't have an actual store on MD where you click on a product and order, you have to go in his forum section (Ford Parts) and make a thread...Hey Randy...I need a EGR Delete kit...then ask him how much shipped to your zip code.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
77,589
Messages
1,505,502
Members
15,043
Latest member
Fl510

Members online

Top