Electric seat help!

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
I removed my front seats from my '96 GT, the driver seat was connected by the wire set - see first pic. The seats I bought are from a '01 GT, see second pic. Is it possible to connect this seat!? Right now the replacement driver's seat is all the way up to the front of the track so I can't even get in the car if I put the seat in.

IMG_2602.JPG

IMG_2603.JPG

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If the pigtails are the same then yes it should work. I can't see it on the second picture so I can't tell you forsure though.

Also, even without power there is a way to slide the seat back.

[video=youtube;jH9NRnO7kRA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH9NRnO7kRA[/video]

OP
OP
krazyrabbit

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
Well, the pigtails were totally different, and the track on the chair I'm putting in is also very different. I can see no way to loosen or move it. I might put the passenger seat in the drivers area to take it to the shop to have them look at it.

IMG_2604.JPG

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What's the difference in the connectors? I'm guessing the 01 seats have a 4 pin connector on the bottom of them, and I see in your first picture that your power cord pigtail is just two pin?

OP
OP
krazyrabbit

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
What's the difference in the connectors? I'm guessing the 01 seats have a 4 pin connector on the bottom of them, and I see in your first picture that your power cord pigtail is just two pin?

Yes, that's right, the 01 seats are 4 pin. Trying Auto Zone to see if they sell an adapter or converter.

Above118

Reaction score
the power seats are so damn faulty,i hate em. i went to the junk yard and pulled a manual seat track and swapped it..best part,only cost 10$...you just lose the up and down function.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, that's right, the 01 seats are 4 pin. Trying Auto Zone to see if they sell an adapter or converter.

You can get them at radio shack, and they come with the pins that you squeeze the stripped wire in and then snap into the connector. That way you can make your own harness to connect the two without cutting anything or splicing your stock wiring.

You will only need to use 3 of the wires/pins in the newer seats. (One wire is for the seat belt indicator light in the dash. The 99+ models have the seat belt latch attached directly to the seat, so that wire can be ignored completely.) With the ground wire of the 4 pin connector facing top left, you need power to the lower 2 pins/wires. The one facing top right is for the seat belt indicator and therefore not used.

I hope that makes sense.

OP
OP
krazyrabbit

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
You can get them at radio shack, and they come with the pins that you squeeze the stripped wire in and then snap into the connector. That way you can make your own harness to connect the two without cutting anything or splicing your stock wiring.

You will only need to use 3 of the wires/pins in the newer seats. (One wire is for the seat belt indicator light in the dash. The 99+ models have the seat belt latch attached directly to the seat, so that wire can be ignored completely.) With the ground wire of the 4 pin connector facing top left, you need power to the lower 2 pins/wires. The one facing top right is for the seat belt indicator and therefore not used.

I hope that makes sense.

OK, the track from the old seat track from the '96 doesn't fit the '01 seat with the power track. Too bad. DeepList, if you could find the Radio Shack web page with the adapter so I make sure I get the right one I'd appreciate it! If not I'll try taking it up and ask.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've been looking... I can't find the part numbers. It may be better just to take it up there and have them look. They have those roll-out drawers in the store that has all of the electrical components in them. There's a drawer that has all the molex connectors. It should be there, unless you have one of those "abbreviated" stores where they have to have everything ordered because their stock on hand is limited.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online

Members online