Engine bay "dress up"

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
I have a bottle of that stuff... last time I did it... it didn't really work and made my car smell weird for a while haha

what all would I wrap again?
Alt, coils, cia filter, battery, fuse box.... anything else?

Lol, I wrap... The filter, everything else get's the degreaser, the hose, and then after running it for 20 minutes or so to cook the water off, Armor All.

Latemodelresto does have alot of stuff, but there's really nothing you NEED, unless you just like to spend money. I do see why you wanted a new overflow tank now though, lol.

Other than that tank, everything under there just looks like it needs to be cleaned to me.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
the whole thing needs to be cleaned. I want to pull my motor and have the engine bay painted the same color as the car and while the motor is out, give it a full cleaning....

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
So I'm thinking about doing that engine bay cleaning today for a little bit before work...
So should I try and wrap the electrical stuff and soak it in engine cleaner then spary it off and wait? Last time it wouldn't start up after I did it but I think that's cuz I got something wet I shouldn't have. I did it and it was late at night so I just left it overnight and in the morning it ran fine.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yep, always. Sometimes I leave the engine running for a quick job, but I always start it immediately and lower to hood to cook all the water off.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
yeah see that's why I don't wanna have to sit there and dry it all so much.... I don't have all that time... not today
I had water near my spark plugs as well

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just Armor All wipes will go a long ways, it just takes alot more effort, lol

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
hrm never thought of those... i tired some wipes before but they sucked. guess i can step it up to some armor alls haha

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just get the big giant one, that way whenever you are sitting in the car you can wipe the dusty ass dash off too. I never understood why it was so good at collection dust there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Members online