Engine bay "dress up"

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
AaRoN said:
:hammer: I thought I was a genius when I decided to use armor-all under the hood...then I seen that everyone else did it too :hammer:

Lol, I thought I was just a lazy bastard

stangman281v8

Reaction score
When I bought my GT last October, the motor was so dirty. I did the following steps to clean up the motor that was recommended by a detailer that I know.

1) Spray the whole motor down with Simple Green(Amazing Cleaner)
2) Start the car, and let the motor come up to operating temperature
3) Rinse the motor down with water using a low pressure nozzle setting
4) While the car is running, use compressed air to blow off any areas that are not dry (Example wires, ect...)
5) Turn the car off, after making sure everything is dry.
6) Armor-all everything plastic in the motor compartment.

Here are some before, and after pictures. The Strut Tower brace is removed becasue I am painting it to match the exterior of the car. I also plan on putting a chrome cai to make the motor compartment look a little better.

Thanks,
Rob

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
stangman281v8 said:
When I bought my GT last October, the motor was so dirty. I did the following steps to clean up the motor that was recommended by a detailer that I know.

1) Spray the whole motor down with Simple Green(Amazing Cleaner)
2) Start the car, and let the motor come up to operating temperature
3) Rinse the motor down with water using a low pressure nozzle setting
4) While the car is running, use compressed air to blow off any areas that are not dry (Example wires, ect...)
5) Turn the car off, after making sure everything is dry.
6) Armor-all everything plastic in the motor compartment.

Here are some before, and after pictures. The Strut Tower brace is removed becasue I am painting it to match the exterior of the car. I also plan on putting a chrome cai to make the motor compartment look a little better.

Thanks,
Rob

That's exactly how I do it, except I use orange blast cuz SImple Green stinks, lol

stangman281v8

Reaction score
Thanks Aaron, it is a work in process. I was very hesitant of using water, but since everything is so well covered, I ran into no problems.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
index-1.jpg

that was taken off my car... I want another one. Would Ford have those?
I've noticed Ford doesn't carry a good amount of replacement parts for our year...

stangman281v8

Reaction score
my96gtstang: I might know someone that has one kicking around in my local club. I will ask around, and get back to you soon. I try to avoid going to the dealer since they rape you on everything, but sometimes you have no choice.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
You do know that when you hover over a link REGARDLESS of the text it will tell you the real link....right?
Nice try though
Don't click that link, it's not to American Muscle

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
HAHA ok, just saying...
I'm not trying to get in trouble at work even though I do work in the IT department haha.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
First time I clicked it I was working in a conference room with a group, lol

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
but back to the topic for a second, when i do those steps... how do i get everything that's not on top clean?? or will that engine cleaner get it off and then the water wash it offf???

i wish there was a video to see where all he sparys ahhaha
just cuz last time i did it, it didn't look like it cleaned anything... i was pissed....

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
What do you mean by not on top? You can't JUST hose it down, the cleaner busts it up, the water rinses away the major stuff, and then the armor all will shine everything and deal with the dirty look.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Members online