Engine build advice/opinions/suggestions

OP
OP
nolan62

nolan62

Reaction score
didnt bother reading all posts but if you use a cam bigger than the explorer cam with the gt40p you need to upgrade the valve springs . theres a guy on ebay that has these 600 lift springs that are awesome on the gt40p i run on my car . contact Alex's parts 530-672-8369 or visit the site at www.alexsparts.com his name is Alex Krasowski he is a solid fellow . good luck man

Thanks, I actually found that site a little while back. I just learned that my oldest son it going to get married so this project is officially on hold now. For those of you that don't have kids yet, remember this. They are a life long expense you will never complain about and your Mustang will always take a back seat to them. I have lots of little things I can still do but I am going to need my money for something more important. But I'll be back!

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Thanks, I actually found that site a little while back. I just learned that my oldest son it going to get married so this project is officially on hold now. For those of you that don't have kids yet, remember this. They are a life long expense you will never complain about and your Mustang will always take a back seat to them. I have lots of little things I can still do but I am going to need my money for something more important. But I'll be back!
haha i feel like we need the guys from waynes world to ' diddly doop' you 18 years in the future haha .

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
Ok, no official racing. While I don't abdicate street racing at any time, we all know about the jerk in the Camaro at the stop light trying to show off for his girlfriend. With that said, any extra ponies will be used in a mostly adult manner. I hear you laughing....

Do you think that cam with the 1.7 rockers will be OK? I'm sure I'll need to clay it even thought the pistons are notched. And those stock valve springs will never do.

Did anyone answer if tfs1 and 1.7's are alright?

OP
OP
nolan62

nolan62

Reaction score
Kind of. The answer was "not sure, clay it and see". My pistons have valve notches. So there is a good chance the cam will work. But! you will have to install stronger valve springs and you will have to "clay" for valve clearance. The 1.7 rockers will change the lift to about .530 Intake and .542 Exhaust. Sorry I don't know how to calculate the change in duration which is just as important as lift. Alexparts.com has valve springs for GT40 heads. If you don't know how to clay valve clearance I'm sure there is a write up here some where. Oh yes, I did google this setup and found someone else doing it so it probably works but I don't know if he has flat top or dish or what kind of pistons. Clay and a little time are way cheaper than blowing and engine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online