Engine cleaning

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
How do you guys keep the engine bay so clean? Just spray it with the water hose? I see pics of engines and they are spotless and clean. Then i look at mine....:(

Warning : TO MUCH AWESOME

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Occasionally I'll use Simple Green, then take a rag and wipe everything down real good. Be carefull with the wiring and vacuum lines. Rinse. Start car to dry.
Otherwise I just rinse with water and maybe a light wipedown.
My engine bay is almost all stock with all of it's 220,000 mile goodness. The only shiney parts are chrome headers and alumnium UDP's.

joekd

Reaction score
As mentioned in all the previous posts, degreaser and a hose, if very dirty brushes and a couple clothes

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
When I get all my upgrades done I'm going to have mine professionally cleaned once, then I feel that I'll be able to keep the bay clean myself with regular maintenance.

chris91

Reaction score
Normally I wont touch anything with water under the bay. Use a degreaser on a rag or if its caked on shiz spray it directly on there. Gotta be careful with some degreasers though as they will stain metal and plastics when not diluted. After I get everything clean I take a rag and spray it down with some Chemical Guys Blue Guard II and wipe everything down.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There has been like 5 posts about this topic in the last week or so.

If you think the question might have been answered before, try conduction a search using the search button in the top right corner.

OP
OP
R

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
Sorry man. Idk how to on Tapatalk and i just seen the other posts pop up. This un needed thread can be deleted

Thanks for those who answered though

Warning : TO MUCH AWESOME

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bwiz760

Members online