Engine code p1131! Driving me crazy

sn95bythebay

Reaction score
I have a 1996 mustang gt with 111k on it. I notice my engine code came on a few weeks ago and it was p1131. I did some research and saw that this check engine light could be a lot of things. The biggest things people told me to check was for vaccum leaks clean your maf and the rear o2. I have no vaccum leak my o2 sensors are turned off with the tune I have and I cleaned my injectors and maf. My car runs the same when the engine light comes on and the same after I clear the code but the light always comes back on after 30 miles or so. What could be causes this light to be coming on? Thank you for your help

Scud2

Reaction score
I know you said the o2 sensors are turned off in your tune but double check with your tuner. Same thing happened to me. I went to the dyno...got an awesome tune. By the end of the week I was throwing that code. Called my tuner and he told me he turned them off but he would double check. The next day he emailed me with a new tune cuz he forgot. Humans are humans. Just start from there and see what happens. Good luck!

2001 Mustang GT
Vortech V3 Supercharged
402 HP 389 Torque

Nighttrain

Reaction score
What Scud says, also did you do a smoke test? Not doubting you but a vacuum leak is possible and you dont always hear it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online