engine performance ?

Ponyexpress96

Reaction score
i am taking the engine out of my car it is a 96 gt and the crap tastic manifold is cracked so i am just going to redo it all my question is what do you all think would be better to send my block to the machine shop and stroke it to a 5.0 and buy all new internals or just buy the MMR 900 short block ?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
what mods do you plan? do you want to supercharge it, use nitrous, go turbo, or just stay N/A...we can give you any decent opinions unless you let us know what your final plans are and what your goals are.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with MMR, if you don't feel like going through the hassle of finding parts etc its alot easier to just order a pre-built shortblock. MMR also does P&P'd heads so maybe a longblock is the way to go.

OP
OP
P

Ponyexpress96

Reaction score
i was planing on getting stage 3 patriot performance heads and a nice set of coms and also i will probaly stay N/A for a while

96sohc

Reaction score
Patriot has had some serious problems in the past, although I've heard they've shaped up.
That being said, I'd probably be looking into these companies: Steen Racing, VT Engines, Fox Lake Racing or Modular Powerhouse.

G

GREG@SN95

96sohc said:
Patriot has had some serious problems in the past, although I've heard they've shaped up.
That being said, I'd probably be looking into these companies: Steen Racing, VT Engines, Fox Lake Racing or Modular Powerhouse.

I heard the same thing...

It was along the lines of all they are is PI heads w/ minor improvements and they aint that good...

I also heard that trickflow is working on a HIC combo for the 281s...

but I dont know nothing :dunno:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
96sohc said:

I heard the same thing...

It was along the lines of all they are is PI heads w/ minor improvements and they aint that good...

I also heard that trickflow is working on a HIC combo for the 281s...

but I dont know nothing :dunno:

all companys selling p&p'd heads for 4.6's are just worked over PI from Ford...

Patriots issues were with the valve guides/valves and poor craftsmanship-QC...they burned oil and had PTV

They supposedly have fixed the issue but i'd still be leary of ordering.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online