Engine rebuild

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Hi all as some of you may be aware from another post of mine I'm having engine knocking issues from cylinder 8. Anyway I've decided to rebuild the engine and here's my goal from the engine.
I want to achieve 400BHP but this will be when Ive finally fitted the charger so the engine must be able to handle the final goal of 400 BHP.

Anyway I have trouble trying to find just one place that will sell me all the parts.
And on that note what parts will be needed.
Here is a list of parts which I believe I must have but please correct me if I'm wrong and please let me know of all other parts that I've not listed
The list
Forged crankshaft
Forged rods
Forged pistons
Stage two cams
Main bearing
Rod bearing
Cam bearings
Head bolt kit
Full engine gasket kit
New lifters
New rockers
What else is needed and where can I found this stuff?
Remember that I'm in the UK so all the parts I buy will have to come from the states and then I have to add a shit load of VAT tax on top. Not unless some has an engine all ready built they want to sell?
Many thanks
Adam

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
I will have to pay VAT and duty on new or second parts. I believe the VAT is around 17% and duty around 2.5%. So the only way around it is to get some one in the states to say the part is only worth £200 instead of the correct amount of £400 if that make sense. A lower total means less tax.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
You don’t need a forged crank, I would recommend using 2013 boss 302 connecting rods straight from ford, and you do not need new followers (rockers). Find a good piston that you like, that puts your compression ratio where you want it and run that.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its no skin off my ass what I mark the total as, or the parts as (new/used) on the customs form.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Cheers for the links. Seen a short block kit, everything you need except the block which looks nice but they want to know what compression ratio I want. Any advice on this. Also the will notch the pistons so I can run a stage 3 cam. Now I know the wilder the cam the higher the compression ratio must be and the lower it must be the more boost I run but if I was to stay NA and fit a stage 3 cam what compression ratio would I need and how would a mustang run on the street with a stage 3 cam?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Hold up....stage 3 cam? Meaning thumity thump thump? And then supercharge it?

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
No not both either one or the other. The more I read the more it look like the super charger root to reach my 400 bhp goal

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if your just wanting the cam for the sound I have to say I LOVE the sound of my trickflow stage 1 cam. You don't need a big cam for a good sound if that is what your wanting.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
if your just wanting the cam for the sound I have to say I LOVE the sound of my trickflow stage 1 cam. You don't need a big cam for a good sound if that is what your wanting.

Do you have a video of your car running?

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
This is a weekend car. I may take it to work a few times in the sumer but which is only a 3 mile drive but its mainly for driving to shows. It's never going to see a race track but I do like putting my foot down every now and then. What I want from it is that classic muscle car Idle and to hit 400 Bhp, why I what to hit that target I actually have no idea cause I don't race it at all on the roads. She is pretty twitchy as is with the diabolo sport tune and 4.10 gears god knows what she will be like with even more power. The old girl has great of the line speed and a nice top end but she is missing the mid range torque

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if all you want is 400 and a good lope I thought the trickflow top end kits were around those numbers and a good sound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online