Engine start button

Nater

Reaction score
Any momentary switch will work. The only reason I used the power from the ignition box is that the only way for the push button to be energized is when the key is in the on position.

CNT, I am using a modified version of the UPR ashtray switch panel. As soon as the car is completed, I will take pics for you. Right now I am in kind of a rush, because I need to have the car on the road before the 15th of May for inspections so I can renew my license plates.

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
Does the way you describe cancel the ability to turn the car on with just using the key? I think it's kinda pointless when it can still be started either way. :dunno:

Take your time with the pics.

Nater

Reaction score
no, you can no longer use the key to start the car. The only reason you need the key is to send power to the saftey switch.

Nater

Reaction score
Just to let you guys know....It functions perfectly...I should have pics ready by the end of the week hopefully. I had a chance to test start the car using the new push button switch, and safety switch...It works perfectly.It is soo weird to push a button and the car jumps to life!

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
Sounds awesome. My birthday came and went and I am still without enough funds to get all the parts I want. :(

Nater

Reaction score
What parts do you need? I think total, the parts for the switch cost me 10 bucks...

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
Unlike some people with their race car esque cargo box delete plates, I "have to" buy a button that looks good and can fit in a normal position. (It seems like people almost always mount them in the cigarette lighter.) And I want an S2000 button. It seems like there are a few on eBay for ~$40 shipped, but I am still kinda shaky when it comes to electrics, and want to be sure that I can do it before I start tearing apart my ignition harness. I'm gonna have to take the panels off to take a look this weekend so I can get my bearings a bit.

Nater

Reaction score
All I did was remove the cigarette lighter in the center ashtray. I am using a UPR ashtray switch panel. I took pics last night to post, but didn't realize that the card was not seated....So they are saved on to the camera.... :crazy2: I will take some more today for you... As I said, the wiring was fairly simple.

Nater

Reaction score
Here are some pics...

DSCI0053.jpg

DSCI0059.jpg

DSCI0060.jpg

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
That's hella trick! I thought it was up under the radio, but right there is exactly where I want mine to be. Stealth. :coolsmiley:

Nater

Reaction score
The control panel also has aboslute control over the lights too.....bottom switch is headlights, next switch up is park lights, next one is fogs, then you have the safety switch (highly adviseable) then the push button....

voidfinger

Reaction score
thats pretty neat. I see someone did a manual swap :coolsmiley:

Nater

Reaction score
ya, I just need help on how to wire up the reverse lights and everything...

voidfinger

Reaction score
ahhh hell, its a mustang man... its only ment to go in one direction. :rollinglaugh: but yea I have no clue. I never got that far into it. So what tranny did you go with?

Nater

Reaction score
Went with a T45 from a buddy here. He had one laying around his garage....So I got it for free, along with the clutch, flywheel, new pilot bearing and a shift fork.

Nater

Reaction score
Looks good! I would definately suggest putting a safety switch in. It will prevent the 'I wonder what happens if I push this button' complex.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Can you get some more pics of that CF panel jEEd?

I might have to make one... that looks pretty nice!

jEEd

Reaction score
duh09 said:
Can you get some more pics of that CF panel jEEd?

I might have to make one... that looks pretty nice!

sure thing, i'll look around for some pics since my camera's battery is dead atm... but its custom of course.

i used .2mm Real Carbon Fiber & you can fiberglass / plexy glass the underside of the ashtray part for more support when you place buttons n shit there like i am (Line Lock, etc...) and probably get my name lazer etched into the panel part :] so it'll light up red.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isaac cerr

Members online