Exhaust dumps

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
cram yourself in the back seat and have someone else drive it while you isolate where it is coming from.
Funny you should mention: that’s Option 3 after the spare tire and RSD options

Reaction score
youll lose a lot of tone with the dumps, but also depends on where you dump from

heres a few sound clips to kind of think about

O/R X pipe w/mag muf and dumps

O/R X pipe w/mag muf and custom side exit

ARH LTs & X pipe w/mag muf and revised custom side exit

ARH LTs & revised X pipe w/mag muf and revised custom side exit

Gregomatic

Reaction score
Don't mind the drone
Let's everyone know im comming
Honestly, there IS a valid safety factor there.

Just like if you're on the highway, you may not see the Harley that's in front of the van ahead of you, but you'll know he's somewhere close.

If you can't be seen, be heard.
If you can be both, all the better.
Especially when there's drivers who can't seem to disengage their cellphone from their ear.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Another option are pypes m80 mufflers. I’ve heard them dumped on a 2v and they didn’t drone. Magnaflows are another one just more expensive.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think I’ve narrowed it down to the driver side exhaust tip hitting the underside of the belly pan.

I screwed down the RSD with #8 1 1/4” self tapping flathead screws. Took the spare out. Tightened the jack down like a mofo and fired her up. Immediately got a tapping/vibration sound. So I let it idle with the noise in full regalia and narrowed it down to the tailpipe! I left a message with the muffler guy and hopefully this’ll remedy it!

Gregomatic

Reaction score
Had a '78 Pinto wagon that we bored 30 over, put an RV cam in it and ran exhaust through a cherry bomb. Had to turn it off in fast food lines too.

There was an Arbys I frequented, always ordering the same thing (Arby's has a hidden item not on the menu called a meat mountain. If you ever get one, you'll understand why its all I ever order)
When the manager would hear me turn off the main road in that screamin 4 cyl, she go ahead and start prepping one!

Gregomatic

Reaction score
I really like controlled growl of the last one, but in comparison to the vid before it, I wonder what's 'revised' about the ARH LTs & revised X pipe.

I AM kinda wondering if part of the reason it sounds better to me is because in that vid I'm hearing it under load.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score

I'm used to it and it dose get louder the more you smash that pedal to the floor board
To me its better than sterio systems , that exhaust system tells you how the car running windows down

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I really like controlled growl of the last one, but in comparison to the vid before it, I wonder what's 'revised' about the ARH LTs & revised X pipe.

I AM kinda wondering if part of the reason it sounds better to me is because in that vid I'm hearing it under load.
X pipe is supposed to be good
I prefer the H to me it equalize the back pressure a lot better

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Another thing thing is 4.6 sounds different from the 5.o.
Also depending on cam heads intake

There is one guy out here with a old mach1
351 cleavland the guy literally sounds like he is on headers only its on 2 3/4 pipe out the back with flowmaster 10
Series
It vibrate s windows loose sheet metal at places
Dishes you name it
It hits that tone it is loud but when he steps out of the car a great big grin and smile

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online