Exhaust dumps

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Great news!!! A simple fix is all it took. Muffler shop loosened the clamp just behind the driver side muffler, canted it clockwise just a tad and viola! Turns out the “knocking” sound I was hearing was the exhaust pipe hitting the frame. The “vibration” sound was the tailpipe hitting against the underside of the belly pan due to the mismatched fitment of the rubber and metal hanger!

The gentleman at the muffler shop DID mention that a different cat-back (we both like and agreed that a FlowMaster with either of the 40 Series mufflers) would fit and sound great. Give it that traditional deep sound that are great on Mustangs.

Nevertheless, I was all smiles driving it home and it does sound pretty good as is with what “I believe “ is a Bassani cat-back system since the previous owner put Bassani headers on it.
But….(and there’s ALWAYS a “but….” with enthusiasts, right?) I can’t deny that the FlowMaster system is very intriguing…Hmmmmm!!!

Just have to pony up the funds to get it done.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Couldn’t help myself… I know me and I’d just be wanting the FlowMaster cat back with Super 44’s, so I ordered it! I called FlowMaster/Holley directly. It’s on back order until 2/18, but I’ll wait and at least my current system isn’t clanking around anymore!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
holley owns flow now also? They are taking everything over. Sounds like they might have saved msd

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, Holley and FlowMaster are One. My muffler guy told me. He also cautioned that Holley apparently farms out products to be manufactured in China.
Hope it’s not true…

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
back in the day when MSD was in el paso tx , i knew a few of the people that worked there ,
and the products were a lot better then , nice thing about it was if i had a problem with something , i would take it down the street
to the company and have it back in a few minutes
now i dont use there equipment , to many problems and faults .

tinnocker

Reaction score
I am wanting a Flowmaster Force II cat back for my 94' and everywhere I looked on line was out. I gave Holly my email to send to me when they get in. I have a new (6 months) Borla S cat back and it is just too loud for me.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the story I read was that msd was had a LOT of counterfeit parts that were put out in the market that the cases looked almost spot on but the internals were not the same at all and after a few years of this there were almost as may knock offs out there as there were legitimate parts. When holley took it over they had the lawyers to go after the knock off manf and since then its been back to the old days. I have had a msd coil on my car for 6-8 years now, it must have been real I guess.

tinnocker

Reaction score
Too hard to counterfeit money these days and easier to counterfeit auto parts. Hard to tell soft steel from hardened or silicone rubber from plain and far me, a circuit board might as well be from Mars.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it wasn't that long ago I use to scour the net to try and find that place that had the same part for inexplicably %40 less than everyone else. I do not do that anymore...

Gregomatic

Reaction score
Daryl, I was thinking "Man, with Flowmasters on order, you wouldn't have to had to put up with the noise it was making much longer."

But to be honest, I'm 'obsessive compulsive' so that vibrating noise would have drove me to hair pulling.

Sooo glad it was a simple fix until the Flows come in!!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Daryl, I was thinking "Man, with Flowmasters on order, you wouldn't have to had to put up with the noise it was making much longer."

But to be honest, I'm 'obsessive compulsive' so that vibrating noise would have drove me to hair pulling.

Sooo glad it was a simple fix until the Flows come in!!
Thanks, GregO! ‘Preciate that!

Makoto

Reaction score
so sidepipes are dumps? lol

her's mine. 4 mufflers 2.5" both sides, securely mounted like 1.4" from the body with the h pipe having flex pipes. front round mufflers are magnaflows and the rears are cut down dynomax superturbos (to make them fit). one day i wanna remake it all in stainless.

1644627110024.png1644626986824.png

1644627174286.png

1644627185885.png

here's a video where im talking with it at idle.

itsell

Reaction score
so sidepipes are dumps? lol

her's mine. 4 mufflers 2.5" both sides, securely mounted like 1.4" from the body with the h pipe having flex pipes. front round mufflers are magnaflows and the rears are cut down dynomax superturbos (to make them fit). one day i wanna remake it all in stainless.

View attachment 15029View attachment 15028

View attachment 15030

View attachment 15031

here's a video where im talking with it at idle.
Nice setup. I’ve been contemplating the dynomax superturbos too when I re do my exhaust setup next. Mine is a 94, so it’s a 5.0 so it won’t be exactly the same but how do you like those for being quiet? I really wanna make mine more tame. It currently has no cats and flowmaster American thunders. It’s obnoxiously loud.

Makoto

Reaction score
superturbos are especially great for full length exhaust. they're a nice quiet mellow sound. mine were loud and kinda raspy because instead of antoher 4 feet of pipe i only had like 2ft with minimal bends (and a 5.0 pushrod will sound a littel deeper anyhow). flowmasters don't really muffle much, they just sound badass. my system is a little overly complex because of the IRS so some standard superturbos would be a huge step towards a quieter car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnknownArmy

Members online