Exhaust Tips

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by 94 DropTop, Jan 7, 2007.

1. 94 DropTop

94 DropTop Well-Known Member

Any tips or advise on install long tubes on a 94 gt Auto? Need all the help i can get with this. :help2:

2. Matt94GT

Matt94GT Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

Long tube headers? Try a search I think its been discussed on the forums before, there are some things you need to remove and it think its easiest if you lift the motor a bit.

3. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

make sure when you order them that you specify AUTO trans, you want to make sure you get the right ones that will fit your car.

4. 94 DropTop

I already have the headers. I bought them from my buddy who when to a 97 stang. Brand new for headers and x-pipe i only paid $400. was going to install them last week but then i realized i forgot to buy the o2 sensor extensions. :hammer:

5. 916_5.0

916_5.0 Active Member

i would say while your putting the headers on to do the smog delete too if your are planning on it cause all that crap is in the way while you put them on so it helps out a little and gives you some more room to work.

6. 94 DropTop

ya i was thinking about just waiting until I got my tax return that way i would have the heads out of the way. then once i get the headers up in there i could just pop the heads on. btw does anyone know how much it would cost to have some E7's ported and polished with a valve job?

7. Downshift

Downshift Well-Known Member

To be honest I would not do anything to the E7s they are small. If you are wanting to put some work into heads but not spend a ton of money I would say your best bet is to find some GT40s and go from there.

8. 94 DropTop

I heard the gt40's take a different type of header.