Factory Gauges just arent good enough for me!! Almost done!! Update post 45

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Re: Factory Gauges just arent good enough for me!! Almost done!! Update post 27

Very nice work, Looks clean. I wouldn't mind doing something similar.

96redgt

Reaction score

Looks good! Gives me some ideas for mine...

S

silver 4.6

very interested in seeing them complete.

OP
OP

94svtturbo

Reaction score

silver 4.6 said:
very interested in seeing them complete.

It should be soon as i am trying to have the motor back in the car and everything back together in about a month or so

JiMi_DRiX

Reaction score

nice man! Its cool to see someone with enough creative ingenuity to do something like that on their own!

OP
OP

94svtturbo

Reaction score

Here is a rough pic of what it looks like in the car. still need to smooth out a few areas as you can prolly see from the pic. but thats all i have left to do.

IMG_0353.jpg

auto_x5.0

Reaction score
I would paint the tach/speedo needles red-orange to match....you get an A+ for originality bro

OP
OP

94svtturbo

Reaction score
auto_x5.0 said:
I would paint the tach/speedo needles red-orange to match....you get an A+ for originality bro

Thanks man. And i do plan to paint match the factory gauges to wahtever gauges i ultimately decide on. for now im sticking with my autometer's but i really love the look of the Pro Sport's.

Thank to everyone who gave me input on how to improve this

mikey94gt

Reaction score
that is cool man! love the look! the gages do need to match the needles tho, that would be even cooler.

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
You can sorta see the original gauge locations...maybe needs some more paint/bondo?

Awesome mod though, very original.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Looks Great, Defiantly Original can't wait to see it Finished.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
JonBeast said:
You can sorta see the original gauge locations...maybe needs some more paint/bondo?

Agreed. The paint looks like it might have gotten some dust or something in it too. If you can get it smoothed out where you can't see the location of the factory gauges anymore, it might be worth it to have it sanded down, prepped, and sprayed at an actual paint booth. I'm sure they'll have some black leftover from something and can give it a quick spray.

Looks good in the car though!

OP
OP

94svtturbo

Reaction score
JonBeast said:

Yes. This i just a quick mach up to see what it would look like. I need to go over it with bumper putty to finish smoothing it out. you can see where the old gauge locations are cuz bondo doesnt really like to flex at all and when press fiting the guages in it cracked a little. You would normally use bumper putty on bumper covers instead of bondo for this exact problem.The bumper putty if flexible and will solve this problem.

And there is indeed dust in the paint. I just did a light coat of black on it to see it. It will be painted up for real for the final product

got5.0

Reaction score
once the needles are matched and we can't see the od gauge positions, that will be a very cool product! Maybe you could sell them :)

OP
OP

94svtturbo

Reaction score
I have thought about it but it its kinda time consuming so it prolly wouldnt be worth the money. Im still deciding on it though. We'll see what its worth when mine is don and perfect for all to see

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
94svtturbo said:
JonBeast said:

Yes. This i just a quick mach up to see what it would look like. I need to go over it with bumper putty to finish smoothing it out. you can see where the old gauge locations are cuz bondo doesnt really like to flex at all and when press fiting the guages in it cracked a little. You would normally use bumper putty on bumper covers instead of bondo for this exact problem.The bumper putty if flexible and will solve this problem.

And there is indeed dust in the paint. I just did a light coat of black on it to see it. It will be painted up for real for the final product

Sweet. As much work as you were putting in it, I figured you weren't gonna leave it like that.

Good work son

OP
OP

94svtturbo

Reaction score
duh09 said:
94svtturbo said:
JonBeast said:

For sure man!!! When its done it will be flawless

Sweet. As much work as you were putting in it, I figured you weren't gonna leave it like that.

Good work son

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online