Fan not running

jwhisl

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm FINALLY getting back to work on my 94 after a little over a year of it sitting at my friend's house. I got it up and running today and I was doing a heat cycle on the engine to break it in. I let the temp gauge get to "M" in normal before I shut it off. The fan never came on. I know the fan works because it runs both high and low speeds during KOEO test for pulling codes. I would guess that means the relay in the CCRM is ok? I need input. Thanks

ranger56528

Reaction score
Might be a bad sender or pigtail,I had the same thing happen and it was a bad wire in the pigtail that was frayed from being bent,look at the pigtail and if that looks good try a sender.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
as ranger said start simple and get your head under the dash to pull/inspect all the fuses as well as under the dash. Get your hands on the connectors going to the fan and disconnect them and inspect for corrosion, bent/missing pins or other obvious problems before you start shot-gunning parts to see what helps.

OP
OP
J

jwhisl

Reaction score
Ive checked all the fuses both under dash and under hood. Like i said the fan runs when im pulling codes koeo so i would think it should run normally

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The car has two ECT (engine coolant temp) senders. One, located on the front driver side of the lower intake is for the gauge. The other, located in the heater tube right above the thermostat housing, is used by the ECU. It is possible that the latter (the one for the ECU) is bad.

Does your car throw any codes?

OP
OP
J

jwhisl

Reaction score
I've replaced both of them in the last couple months but I don't let it run much since it badly needs a tune. Is there a way of testing voltage on the ecu sensor? My gauge started working after I installed them but the fan never did.

I've only pulled KOEO codes and it didn't give me much. EGR, TPS, purge canister. I leave the battery unhooked most of the time so it doesn't drain

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online