Fender Flares on Mustangs 94-98?

snoball

Reaction score
Mine are put on with plastic push in's/rivets, not tape. In person, they are tight, cant even fit a piece of paper between the body and them. I agree though, some people like them, others hate them, its hit or miss.

G

GREG@SN95

Snoball said:
Mine are put on with plastic push in's/rivets, not tape. In person, they are tight, cant even fit a piece of paper between the body and them. I agree though, some people like them, others hate them, its hit or miss.

Yeah, I wasn't saying that you used tape. lol... I'm just saying that the lines are an eye sore. JMO. Like you said, its love or hate. If nobody liked them, they wouldn't be sold. I wouldn't use them myself, but I wouldn't knock on anyone that likes them or has them.

OP
OP
C

caseypayne69

Reaction score
Turd Ferguson said:
Snoball said:
Heres some pics so people have an idea what they look like. Im wiling to bet someone whos good with fiberglass could mold them on no problem. I like them on there, no stang by me has them. (except a riced out 6er)

I don't like how they look like they were installed with double sided tape. But I think they would look really good with some bondo. Get rid of the seems.

I was also thinking about getting some 99-04 fenders and doing some cutting and welding.

In the end, I'm gonna end up doing neither. Unless I win the lotto
I agree, get rid of the seams were the flare hits the fender.

OP
OP
C

caseypayne69

Reaction score
94Pro-5.0 said:
this car has some custon ones in the front. This is the owner of Griggs Racing's cobra.

i'll be doing something similar when i repaint my car
Mustangs should have came stock like this. Nice natural flare.

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
^ i agreee

i dont think the boos flares look bad, but they would look great it they were only on the rear. i dont like them on hte front

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Are you looking for more of a "widebody" look?

Saleen used to make a widebody kit for 94-98 but it was expensive and i think carbon fiber....i had picks on my old computer but not anymore. Maybe handz will have some saved on his.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Saleen used to make a widebody kit for 94-98 but it was expensive and i think carbon fiber....i had picks on my old computer but not anymore. Maybe handz will have some saved on his.

I tried to get those some years back and was unsuccessful. The flares left a gap between the fender and the door (as shown above) and gave the car something of an unfinished look. However, they were still pretty cool.

Paul.

*edit*

94Pro-5.0 said:

Normally I hate it when people quote pictures, but I just want to say that I LOVE that particular car.

Carry on.

black_96gt

Reaction score
I agree.. I got those flares on my car... I just like the unique look and how nice a wide rim and tire looks tucked in the fender. No seams and more of a gradual flare would look better.
atrainsgt said:
Without the seams I think they could look nice.

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
I vote sn95 forums starts making our own fenders/qtr panels. with a natural flare.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online

No members online now.