Finally BACK 3.8L track car build!!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you reassembled it like the other side (even with old parts which should be fine) you should not be having issues with fitment.

Sometimes it's a hell of a fight with those shocks. I think the last time I did it the impact was not working so well (like you said) so I ended up grabbing the top with a set of vice grips and I had a ratcheting wrench around the nut. It's a pain to get back there though!

OP
OP
pgfdv6

pgfdv6

Reaction score
yea i know what you mean Ive got the whole trunk interior taken out right now I think the top of the shock stud was starting to round out so ill try it again with vice grips and see where I go from there.
seems like more and more each day the plan becomes to build a decent street/track car gain a little experience from the pdx's then try to sell to someone who wants to motor swap into it hopefully another track person that can see the money in the car.

OP
OP
pgfdv6

pgfdv6

Reaction score
hey all finally back reviving this thread also will be starting another thread in the build section since the season of road racing is over for me.
a few things that have changed I've purchased a daily driver (06 ford fusion) so now I don't have to much strain on getting the car complete in a timely manner.
I have also purchased a 97 4.6 with roughly 170k on it (about the same as my sixer 176k) the motor was completely rebuilt 30k ago with supporting documentation, came with MAF sensor complete uncut wiring harness and ecu and shorty headers.
have also begun to source all the parts to complete the PI Swap
I had a set of pi heads laying around in the shed was going to use those but had a guy tell me that they were no good and had probably been over heated. I don't know exactly how to confirm this, he says there is a plug in the side of it that is made when the head over heats it is suppose to spit out???? the bock that i removed them from was very clean and low miles from what I was told. Anyways I have found another set of PI heads with 104k on them will include the intake, alternator bracket, thermostat housing and coolant cross over tube.

Pulled my T5 out and was able to pick up a TR3650 as well, after this laundry list of parts is there anything else anyone would want to chip in and advice? parts? or suggestions
thanks
Shelby

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
My tip....clutch pedals! Ok ok....im a smart ass.

For real tho make a build thread!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online