Fox K-member in SN95

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'll ask them why they say no street use, I doubt they'd say it's because the street is less abuse on it.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
here's their response:

Hey Ryan,

Our k-members are designed for hard core racing however, it seems like many get used on street cars-

Like many racing components, when you reduce weight (structural or construction) components tend to be not as strong as the heavy structural steel used in factory k-members…It’s generally a tradeoff, less weight provides better performance however, if safety is your number one concern then the heavy gauge factory k-member may a better choice:)

To me what that says is they're more concerned about saving weight than they are building a strong product, and that they don't have faith in it for use on the street. there's a reason why some K members cost $300 and some cost $600.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
why thank you sir for the education. Some things in life you jsut never think about.

For street you want a beefier K member like these guys are saying. MM's is built solid and since Granatelli is a MM knockoff so is theirs. I like the newer Steeda K also and may go with that.

Its not just potholes to consider don't forget about strength in a collision.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Fox k-members are not the same as SN95 ones. The rear mounting pads on the K are further toward the rear of the car on the chassis relative to the K-member on an SN95. Unless the manufacturer has provided for this in the design of their K-member (as MM has) then the bolt holes will not line up.

Ask me how I know.

ster302

Reaction score
Fox k-members are not the same as SN95 ones. The rear mounting pads on the K are further toward the rear of the car on the chassis relative to the K-member on an SN95. Unless the manufacturer has provided for this in the design of their K-member (as MM has) then the bolt holes will not line up.

Ask me how I know.
This is what I was trying to get to in my first post, a lot of other manufacturers make a "one size fits all" type of mounting pad in the rear. I was just using MM as a reference.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Paul the few companies I checked had their K members listed 79-95 5.0, so maybe a stock Fox K wont work but I think the aftermarket ones are made to fit both.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online