freaking mid pipe

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Wes8398 said:
SilverSol said:
96-97's are alittle different than the 98's. In 98 ford improved the exhaust alittle. which is the reason why the 98 has 10 more hp then the 96-97's.
Are you saying that the 98 midpipes are different? Because I would beg to differ if so. I've yet to see a midpipe manufacturer who sells a model for strictly a 98 mustang. Every website I've been on (mac, upr, basanni, bbk, etc) state that midpipes for 96-98 are all the same part numbers. Which tells me that they're exactly the same pipe. :dunno: If you know otherwise, I'd really like to know before I purchase any "96-98" pipes.

the 98 isn't much different from the 96-97's, LI98GT pretty much hit it on the nose.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
I PB Blasted the hell out of mine and got all the bolts out but the last one on the passenger side exhaust manifold. I ended up bolting everything back together and going to a muffler shop. The shop tech caught hell getting that bolt out. He heated and reheated until it came off.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Foster98GT said:
I PB Blasted the hell out of mine and got all the bolts out but the last one on the passenger side exhaust manifold. I ended up bolting everything back together and going to a muffler shop. The shop tech caught hell getting that bolt out. He heated and reheated until it came off.

i did the same thing with that damn bolt. my tech just used a 3 foot long extension, pounded the socket on and got it off pretty easily. cost me $10 ;)

CCM Power

Reaction score
The rust can be a pain in the a$$. I had to put a new BBK catted H-pipe on my 96 GT since my
old one took some damage from something hitting the undercarriage of my car. I hit the
manifold bolts with PB blaster and let them sit for a while. Was able to get the driver's side off
with my wratchet and extensions but had to use my impact wrench with extensions to loosen
the passengers side and then took them off with the wratchet and socket. After that.....
no other problems. That is usually the biggest pain with these mid-pipes. Once you get past
the 4 bolts connecting it to the manifolds then you're ok. ;)

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Doesnt take me very long to get them off.. my impact makes short work of em

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
when my buddy took off my stock pipe if had to use a torch to get the bitches off.

Than once i put on my prochamber after 1 winter i had to use wd40 and alot of freaking strength to the point i was cussing plus it made my back hurt for abit. Its the point theres rust there but the heat of the exhaust shuts/locks the bolts onto the manifold like a motherfvuker.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I just took mine off today. I thought it wouldn't be a problem since my car is super clean underneath but it was still a major pain in the butt. I almost bagged it and let a professional do it with real tools but somehow we managed to get them off without breaking anything. PB blaster works wonders.

OP
OP
B

bleau

Reaction score
I took it in to a guy a couple of weeks ago. $100.00 feel bad I could not get it done myself.
At least its done now and it gave me the excuse to get a air compresser, I've wanted one for a while now.

S

scarface

I got lucky...with all the stangs I have owned, someone before me has taken those bolts out :)

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
I got lucky...with all the stangs I have owned, someone before me has taken those bolts out :)

You are lucky. It is very nervewrecking thinking about what you are going to do if you've got your exhaust apart and a bolt breaks off without the proper tools to fix it. :(

S

scarface

Red96GT said:
scarface said:

You are lucky. It is very nervewrecking thinking about what you are going to do if you've got your exhaust apart and a bolt breaks off without the proper tools to fix it. :(
Ive been there before on other cars, just gotten lucky on the stang :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online