Front Strut Install?

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Ok so my shocks and struts on my car are pretty much done, have been for a while and now that i have a job again, yesterday i bought some KYB Gas front struts, its a nice cheap fix so that my car isnt driving the way it is.

i was wondering how hard it is to install? should i just bring it to a local shop and let them do it? i know i need an alignment as well so....

S

scarface

the nuts on the top of the strut tower, and two bolt on the spindle....thats it.

S

scarface

if you have tools, and a little bit of know how, you can do it.

97blackgt

Reaction score
Due to preload pressure in strut assembly, it will take up to 50 lb of force to push strut rod down into cylinder assembly (lower can). This is normal and does not indicate a binding condition. Bolts used in this installation are made to metric specification and require use of metric tools.

Place ignition switch in unlocked position to permit free movement of front wheels.
From engine compartment, remove upper shock absorber mounting nut.
Raise front of vehicle and support lower control arms. Position safety stands under frame jacking pads located rearward of wheels.
Remove wheel and tire assembly.
Remove caliper, rotor and dust shield.
Remove two bolts attaching shock absorber to spindle.
Lift strut upward from spindle to compress rod, then pull downward and remove shock absorber.
Remove jounce bumper, if equipped.
Reverse procedure to install. Tighten upper mount to body nuts to 25-34 ft lb , strut to upper mounting bracket nut to 55-92 ft lb , and lower mounting nuts to 141-199 ft lb.

there u go bro...its easy...dont pay for something u dont have to

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
nice!! i got a write up!!! hahaha freaking sweet. thanks man. ill be sure to do this when i get a day off. was gunna do it today but i got some plans

97blackgt

Reaction score
no prob...straight off ALLDATA haha

but yeah good luck with it...ive done pleanty of struts and u shouldnt have a problem

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online

No members online now.