Front susp problem lol

DakotaKid95gt

Reaction score
Well the last snow of the winter in SD and i jack my cars front susp all up. Slid down a steep side street hill and up and over the curb at the bottom doing a good clip. Anyone have an idea what a new and/or used tie rods go for? or are there any aftermarket alternatives for the front susp as a whole i could waste my stimulus check on lol

OP
OP
D

DakotaKid95gt

Reaction score
Honestly i dont know all that much about suspension, so how can i tell if its an inner or outer tie rod? If it helps when you look at my car from the front both tires angle out ( looking from the top down like this \ / )

badass98svt

Reaction score
I can't diagnose the damage from what you are telling us. We need pics or something. Have a shop look at it if you aren't doing the work.

OP
OP
D

DakotaKid95gt

Reaction score
ok i already have the car up on jacks and the wheels, and brake assembly off. After looking at it i think i will be replacing the inner & outer tie rods, and while its up there puttin in new steering rack, and new ball joints as well. Any one have any tips or headaches to watch out for doing this the first time?

badass98svt

Reaction score
If I were you, I'd buy solid dteering rack bushing from MM. Mcrparts carries MM too.
If the car is lowered get a bumpsteer kit to replace the outer tie rods.
Do you have wide tires up front? If so, then if yer doing ball joints, then may as well do the termy A arms

OP
OP
D

DakotaKid95gt

Reaction score
What would you consider wide front tires? my cars got 255/45/17 all the way around. Thank you for the advice so far too, im still trying to read and learn as much as i can about our cars since my previous ride was a modded 98 GTP

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
DakotaKid95gt said:
What would you consider wide front tires? my cars got 255/45/17 all the way around. Thank you for the advice so far too, im still trying to read and learn as much as i can about our cars since my previous ride was a modded 98 GTP

a wide inch wheel is any rim that is 9 inches or wider

badass98svt

Reaction score
Wide would be anything bigger than a 255. So, 265+

OP
OP
D

DakotaKid95gt

Reaction score
is there a trick to get the inner tierod off? i see the new ones i bought have a set screw on the way bottom of the part that screws back onto the steering rack but the bent one thats on now doesn't and isn't budging...... :wall: and i dont want to f*ck up my steering rack by putting on the breaker bar and giving it hell.....

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
i hit a curb about a year ago. i just now have the money to start replacing the parts on the front suspension, and the damage wasnt bad.

i bought a cobra rack, MM solid aluminum bushings, cobra sway bar, and i plan on buying an MM bumpsteer kit and 03 cobra a-arms to finish it up.

as for wide front tires, i have 17x9's with Goodyear F1 275/45's and my tires slightly rub on my front sway bar. if i had a 265 that probably wouldnt happen.

OP
OP
D

DakotaKid95gt

Reaction score
well ended up just cutting it off with the cutting torch. The dumba** that i assume replaced the inner tie rod before put locktight on the darn thing !!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bwiz760

Members online