FRPP roots blower

tooslow

Reaction score
i know a few of you guys have them, so, how do you like them?

anything you hate about it?

heat soak, or any other issues?

any hp numbers on them?

other mods done with them?

not exacly planning one one, but may as well get some first hand info. its a posibility, just not a likely one.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
if you do a search in this section, there is a thread with alot of info about them.

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
i believe i've read that thread, good stuff. found some stuff in the forced induction section also.

anything extra anyone can add will be just as appreciated. thanks for the heads up.

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
it may not be.

i know for sure at least one part isn't anymore.

either the blower, or the install kit. maybe both by now.

Reaction score
I looked into getting the FRPP blower before deciding on the Vortech.

From what I was told by several Ford Racing parts dealers, both the blower and the install kit are backordered and have no estimated time of arrival (ETA) from Ford. Basically, they said it would be a LOOONG time, if it ever came at all.

Here's a small list of just a few of the authorized Ford Racing dealers I contacted about it and they all told me the same thing:

Jeg's
Parkway Performance
Lethal Performance
CJ Pony Parts
Summit Racing
Mustangs Unlimited

I was upset b/c I had my heart set on a positive displacement blower, and the Kenne Bell is just too darn expensive for me.

Good luck.

9psi 98

Reaction score
I'm happy with mine. You don't need an intercooler cause by the time the air hits your air fliter it had about a foot of CAI to go through and then it's in your cylinders. I haven't noticed any problems with mine and didn't personally have to deal with FRPP to get one because it was already at Steen Racing when they built my motor. There is more potential with other blowers and this design tends to absorb a lot more heat than a Kenne Bell unit because it is inverted so the actual blower is below the intake plumbing and closer to the block. It's a good blower if you like the sleeper look, cause if you pop your hood it only looks like you have another pulley sticking out, people overlook mine at car shows all of the time. My numbers are 322rwhp and 340rwtq, which sucks for a blown setup. I need to take out my PI cams and put in blower cams so that I'm not losing any of my boost out of the exhaust. With those installed along with the 42# injectors and 90mm MAF I have sitting in my office along with a good tune, I'm sure my numbers will be MUCH better.

SMOKE

Reaction score
9psi 98 said:
I'm happy with mine. You don't need an intercooler cause by the time the air hits your air fliter it had about a foot of CAI to go through and then it's in your cylinders. I haven't noticed any problems with mine and didn't personally have to deal with FRPP to get one because it was already at Steen Racing when they built my motor. There is more potential with other blowers and this design tends to absorb a lot more heat than a Kenne Bell unit because it is inverted so the actual blower is below the intake plumbing and closer to the block. It's a good blower if you like the sleeper look, cause if you pop your hood it only looks like you have another pulley sticking out, people overlook mine at car shows all of the time. My numbers are 322rwhp and 340rwtq, which sucks for a blown setup. I need to take out my PI cams and put in blower cams so that I'm not losing any of my boost out of the exhaust. With those installed along with the 42# injectors and 90mm MAF I have sitting in my office along with a good tune, I'm sure my numbers will be MUCH better.

Ditto, love mine and been pushing it for a long time .. almost 95K on it.
It's done me well and when I freshen the motor I think I'm going to keep it. It's good set-up but, I'm not dyno-struck!!! ;D

9psi 98

Reaction score
Same here, It's a fun street blower with a lot of low end torque. It you want to run at the track and ride the dyno 90% of the time, you may want some other brand. So why did I buy mine and not another? I didn't, it came with the car. I have a 9# pulley on it, so it's a little more fun than the stock 6# that comes from the factory.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
9psi 98 said:
yeah Thomas W got around 420. the blower is nice.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
The pro's are that Eaton's are super reliable and should go 100k + with no problem. The bad is that you are limited in power production because they are not very efficient at making boost. Allen Engine Developement also has a eaton kit for our car's, if you want to look into that.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
9psi 98 said:

Thomas's numbers were impressive...he had a similar setup to 9psi except he had comp NPI cams instead of PI but he was putting down about the same HP #'s @ 330rwhp then put in the Crower blower cams and 90mm maf and tune and gained a ton of HP/TQ He's the reason i sold my Comp Cams and bought some VT Blower Cams O0
These blowers dedfinately get a big bump from blower cams.

9psi 98

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
quickstang_1994 said:
9psi 98 said:

Thomas's numbers were impressive...he had a similar setup to 9psi except he had comp NPI cams instead of PI but he was putting down about the same HP #'s @ 330rwhp then put in the Crower blower cams and 90mm maf and tune and gained a ton of HP/TQ He's the reason i sold my Comp Cams and bought some VT Blower Cams O0

Hey droptop, I've been trying to find an 11psi pulley for my blower but haven't found what I need anywhere. That would max my blower out and my shortblock is "supposedly" safe up to 600hp so I'm thinking about getting one along with new cams and my yet to be installed 42# injectors and 90mm MAF. With a good tune I'm thinking my setup will be a little on the wild side... My next step if you've got nothing for me is to contact FRPP and see what they have that will fit.

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
thanks guys.

maybe i'll look into the blower a little more seriously.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
9psi 98 said:
DropTopPony said:
quickstang_1994 said:
9psi 98 said:

Hey droptop, I've been trying to find an 11psi pulley for my blower but haven't found what I need anywhere. That would max my blower out and my shortblock is "supposedly" safe up to 600hp so I'm thinking about getting one along with new cams and my yet to be installed 42# injectors and 90mm MAF. With a good tune I'm thinking my setup will be a little on the wild side... My next step if you've got nothing for me is to contact FRPP and see what they have that will fit.

I ordered my 9-10 psi pulley from ASP which is a 3.3" (stock is @ 3.6 or 3.8")

http://www.aspracing.com/frame.htm

I'm betting a 3.0 or 2.9 ish would do the trick...i'm planning on ordering one myself in the future and run it with a methanol kit...The 03/04 Cobras are running these blowers over 12psi so why can't we if we cool the charge with some Methanol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online