FRPP roots blower

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
i was thinking of that also.

i think meth would do really great on these things.

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
has anyone ported one of these things?

i imagine there is a bit of performance to be had by opening up the inlet plenum of the S/C. that thing looks restrictive as sh*.

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
they came to mind, but i didn't look into it though. i will now.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Jrgunn5150 said:
Steigmeyer probably does.

They do and did a guys on another forum but its expensive for the minimal gains you might see, he did mention that the port work cooled the air temp some so thats a benefit but for the cost of porting i'd just buy a meth kit and smaller pulley.

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Jrgunn5150 said:
Steigmeyer probably does.

They do and did a guys on another forum but its expensive for the minimal gains you might see, he did mention that the port work cooled the air temp some so thats a benefit but for the cost of porting i'd just buy a meth kit and smaller pulley.

i've read up a bit on porting blowers. unless the inlet is ported also, no extra flow will be achieved. the actual blower case port job is only to improve the thermal effeciency of the blower. like you said, his air temps went down. Steigmeyer states right on their site that their goal is to achieve cooler air temps. the reason for it is because the eaton blower is only good for 15psi max, and at the PSI the air temps get extreme. the port job is an alternative to more boost. 11-12 psi on a ported Eaton blower will out power a stock Eaton at 15psi.

cooler low preasure air is better than hot high preasure air.

the more effecient blower is also more reliable and doesn't heatsaok as easily.

porting the Blower is for the people who want a little more out of their eaton without sky high temps, and aren't ready for the hefty twin screw prices.

in this case, the benifit would be people who want the power gains that the 9psi pully gives, with 6psi and cooler temps.

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
of, and Stieg. charges $300 for a basic case port, and $775 (i think) for a full blower port. from TB to outlet.

brwillms

Reaction score
Droptop, any idea what the difference between the 96-97 and 98 install kits are? I've found one local way cheap. It's not my ultimate goal but for the price I can't say no. My car is a 96 and the supercharger is currently installed on a 98. I'm trying to figure out what I would need to make it work. Thanks

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
brwillms said:
Droptop, any idea what the difference between the 96-97 and 98 install kits are? I've found one local way cheap. It's not my ultimate goal but for the price I can't say no. My car is a 96 and the supercharger is currently installed on a 98. I'm trying to figure out what I would need to make it work. Thanks

My FRPP kit is also for a 98 and i have a 96...from what i could tell the only difference was the ECU...so i just didn't use it :)

voidfinger

Reaction score
yeap, i would love to do that. And i wish i had 1300 dollars in the bank, i would have bought that blower :( o well

wonder what all that business about "it wouldn't fit with the coil packs." , shit if i had to i would bolt the coils to the side of the engine bay or something lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online