Fuel Pump Fuse

01yellercobra

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago the fuel pump fuse in my son's 98 blew. We replaced it with intentions to look deeper, but life happened. Last night he was washing it and when he went to move it the first blew again. So he grabbed another one with a spare to get through today. Unfortunately this morning the car wouldn't stay running in reverse. He'd put it in reverse and it would die. After a couple times it blew the fuse. Otherwise it would idle fine and go forward with no issue. I ended up letting him take my truck to school. The only thing he's done recently was swap mid pipes to an O/R H. He said he read something where the O2 sensor wiring could cause that fuse to blow. I told him to look over the wiring when he gets home. But it sounds odd to me the O2's would be on the fuel pump circuit. Is that correct? I was thinking his fuel pump is starting to die.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The fact it blew right after washing it has me wondering if the last time it blew was it raining? As you said start simple and get eyes on the wiring. Check the inertia switch in the trunk and just trace the wires as far as you can to make sure there are no bare spots.

OP
OP
01yellercobra

01yellercobra

Reaction score
No. It wasn't raining when it blew last time. And it wasn't right after he washed it. It was sitting in the driveway for a couple hours before he went to move it. Then it sat there all night until this morning.

OP
OP
01yellercobra

01yellercobra

Reaction score
We found this. The bolt for the brace was pushed against it. It's a mid pipe from Summit. We swapped it with a spare sensor I had lying around. He drove it and so far so good.

23681fcaad4de365ecd06d56f3e349b0.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online