Going NITRO!

CanaryGT

Reaction score
So. Since I'm a poor college student I cant really afford a Turbo or a SC. I will be going H/C/I but again that will cost a pretty penny. So.. I have been lookin into the good ole' giggle gas. Now, here is my question. Ive been lookin at puttin it on my car but what should I run without the fear of blowing my car up. I was thinking a Modest shot, perhaps 75? Anyway what kind of power will that deliver. As my car stands I have...

40,000 Original miles....
BBK Cold Air Intake
BBK Longtube Headers
H Pipe with 40 Series Flowmasters
Underdrive Pulleys
MSD Ignition set up (Blaster, 6A etc)
Autolite ( :dancing6:) Plats.
Motive 4.10 Rear Gears
Eibach Pro kit
Custom Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch
Raptor Shiftlight (just got her in!)
And my 285 Nitto 555 Extreme Performance (Rears)

You think that she could handle a shot?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think you can run the 125 shot, but i"m not sure.

I'm looking of throwing a shot on mine also - for the time being.
the Zex kit is priced pretty well.

I hear you on the cost of mods, I've been at it for years :D

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Two things. First, thanks for replying.... its been a while. And second, i read up on your coil-over system. Looks nice and your car looks very, very clean!! True beauty. Anyway, Im just thinking of going 75 shot so it should not have any doubts on it. What other upgrades should I make if I go for the giggle gas?? Also does an MSD box have any effect on it??

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
Two things. First, thanks for replying.... its been a while. And second, i read up on your coil-over system. Looks nice and your car looks very, very clean!! True beauty. Anyway, Im just thinking of going 75 shot so it should not have any doubts on it. What other upgrades should I make if I go for the giggle gas?? Also does an MSD box have any effect on it??

Thanks Canary. My car is making Sloooow progress

Options on the NOS:
I'm looking for the switchplate that goes in the ashtray holder.
I'm still doing some research on what else to go with it.
Finding out the purging isn't totally necessary.
The bottle warmer keeps the pressure up so it's consistant. Some say it's good, others say it's not necessary for street use.
Gauges like air fuel, fuel pressure - I dunno what all is necessary.

I'll let you know what I find out.

I'm looking at this kit.
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=206

Hey you should post on my nitrous thread, so I can have on response!

smokinya9

Reaction score
canarygt you can run a 50 to 75 shot without a tune 100 to 150 with a tune and not hurt your motor if you only run a 75 shot you dont need any upgrades if you go to a 150 shot you might want to upgrade your fuel system adj fuel presure regulator, fuel pump just to help things out you dont have to but its a good idea

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Well as for the whole NOS thing, my mind kinda went away from it when I started after a SC. But I think I may just save up some money for a while and probably get new heads and an Intake just to make my car run efficient first. From there if i want to add more power (which i will) I can go back and add a shot or maybe that Vortech I wanted. Plus i dont like the fact that my heads are stock and how much they restrict the air flow through my car. I need to unlock the potential, Then Ill spay her... or maybe just cram some air down her throat...

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
first get rid of the BBK intake.. horrible!!! i hate it too :hammer: .. i want to get rid of it soooo badly lol...

if you get nitrous... get a wet kit...its safer

Marc

Reaction score
Just make sure you do things right. Make sure you have the right jets in (fuel vs. nitrous). I ran a 150 shot on my 91GT or a year and a half with zero issues. That is about the most you want to go on a stock block. Just because you can do 150 safely, doesn't mean you can do 175. These are the issues that blow people's motors up. Don't be afraid of Nitrous. Just make sure you watch what you are doing. Be safe about it. And for Gawd's sake...if you use it on the street, be careful. My first experience was a test and tune of my new nitrous system on the street. Throttle stuck wide open with a 150 shot. Long story for later...but, I learned, luckily it was not the hard way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online