Going to release THREE versions of the 03-04 Cobra seat

Discussion in 'TMI Products' started by TMI Products, Jan 22, 2014.

1. TMI Products

TMI Products

I always like to say that here at TMI when our customers talk - we listen - and try our best to accommodate. Weather it's lending a hand in making a Terminator seat with a bright PINK suede insert (i have photos, it happened) or maybe rethinking a new product launch to better fit the opinions shared here on the forum. (low back R500's coming soon!) - I try to do my best to make it happen.

That said - We came out with the reproduction 03-04 Cobra seats a little over two years ago - and they've been very popular. But there have been a few issues.
    94-98 Guys can upgrade their factory bucket seat frames using foam and upholstery to be a Cobra, Bullitt or Mach 1 - but the back seat was still an issue as the pattern would not fit.
    99-04 Guys can do the same front bucket upgrade - but again, the lower portion of the back seat had a different center section from the GT to the Coba - it will fit, but it's not a perfect fit.

So this is what I'm going to do.

There will soon be THREE cobra kits.

1) 1994-98 Upgrade kit - this kit will offer the 03-04 Cobra front bucket foam and upholstery as before, but the vinyl used will be the proper 94-98 Black vinyl and not the Dark Charcoal that the 03-04 sets were made in. This kit will also have a specially designed rear seat that will maintain the shape of the 94-98 GT rear upholstery - but will have suede inserts along with the Cobra insert pattern and spacing.
    (the ever present downside for these years, is that the rear seat will still have to have the original upholstery 'skinned' off of the factory foam, and reused with our new upholstery and it's new attachment method.)

2) 1999-04 Upgrade kit - this kit will have the stock 03-04 Cobra front bucket foam and upholstery just like the kit above and this kit will also be getting a newly improved upon rear seat upholstery. Again I will be taking a stock GT rear seat pattern and altering the inserts pattern and material to mimic the factory Cobra rear seat.

3) 2003-04 Cobra Replacement kit - this kit is what we have on the market now, a factory replacement for the original Cobra upholstery - again, these front buckets will fit any SN - but the rear seat is a Cobra specific rear seat.

I've already talked to a few of our larger Authorized Dealers and they agree this will be a worthwhile way to fill in the gaps and eliminate any issue of a rear seat 'scavenger hunt' to make a Cobra kit fit in your car.

It will more than likely be the end of Feb before I'm able to get all of these new options available.

Thoughts?

2. Musturd

Musturd Legend

Sounds awesome when I get bored of being a 2 seater car I will be giving you guys a call

3. lutter94

lutter94 Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me!

4. DeepList

DeepList Administrator Staff Member SN95 Supporter

Very interested in this for my white car project that will be resuming in the spring.

5. Mustanger

Mustanger Well-Known Member

Way to go TMI! Thanks for going the extra step...I know who to call now, no more looking.

6. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

I like this!
    Still waiting for the new R seats :)

7. Caboose302

Caboose302 Well-Known Member

I'm liking this. Been trying to decide what to do with the rears since I got my new seats. So it will be black vinyl with gray suede?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

8. TMI Products

TMI Products

- you and me both :) - I'll keep ya posted.

Yes - the 94-98 black and then the three suede options, dark charcoal, med. parchment, and med. graphite.

9. Caboose302

Caboose302 Well-Known Member

Put me down for a medium graphite! That'll be sweet.
    Do you have an approximate timeline and price?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

10. TMI Products

TMI Products

Price will be the same as the current set for the 03-04 Cobra's as far as I can tell.
    Working on a price for the rear only - we do not offer our upholstery that way currently for any model - but I know it will be a necessity for this set.
    I'll be sure to keep this thread up to date as I figure out more details.

11. Mustanger

Mustanger Well-Known Member

LOL....Remember this thread is worthless without pics!!!

12. TMI Products

TMI Products

meh- pics won't show you anything but a cobra rear seat.
    The difference between the two rears is so small once it's covered in a cobra style upholstery that you wouldn't really notice.
    But I'll definitely let you know when it's released!

13. TMI Products

TMI Products

Hey Guys - sorry on the delay, a few 'fires' required my attention for far too long - but the patterns/part numbers/ annnnd pricing for these kits was finished as of about 3 minutes ago.

To answer the pricing question - the prices on the ' Cobra upgrade' kits for the 94-98 and 99-04 GT will be the exact same price as the current 03-04 Cobra kits that we have had released for almost two years now.

I didn't see a reason to raise the price for the upgrade kit - same amount of labor/materials etc... just a better fit for all the GT guys out there.
    (however, please note, there was a recent pricing increase for us to use the Ford Licensed Cobra Logo and all of the kits containing that logo had a price increase - sans logo stayed the same).

Since I JUST finished these guides it will take some time for our authorized dealers to get the new kits up on their sites - however, if you are seriously about purchasing one of these two new kits - PM me and I'll put you in touch directly with a Dealer who can quote you a cost and take the order over the phone!

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

-Waylon