Got a few new detailing toys for the garage :D

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a few usefull things over the last few months to help with detailing :thumbsup:

Good rolling stool for cleaning, buffing the lower half of every car I do!
I'm 6' - 5" and my back and knees get sore from bending over buffing for hours.

stool2.jpg

lot's of handy storage, and rolls really smooth.
stool1.jpg

Good car Vac. picked up this Metro Vac N Blow from CG. and this little thing works great!
it's light and easily removable, or you can carry it, has a LOT of suction. more than my house vac. and it comes with a bunch of tips and brushes. Love it.

Vac1.jpg

Vac2.jpg

Also got this nice wash bucket, screw on lid, not as tall as a 5 gal, and has thins nice dirt grid on the bottom so you don't pick up dirt in between dips.

bucket.jpg

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Re: Got a few new detailing tools!

Here's my detailing corner:

put up that shelf and re-organized it last week.
I use pretty much all that stuff.

D1.jpg

D2.jpg

D3.jpg

D4.jpg

greenscobie86

Reaction score
Very nice! I've never tried the PB stuff yet. But I think I'm gonna with all the good things I''ve been hearing about them here.

I've been wanting a nice bucket with a gritguard for ages... Its a debate between that or a foam cannon...

The vac is wet/dry right?

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I highly recommend the PB fine polish!

it's not a wet vac, just dry :)

Untame-d

Reaction score
Dam, wish it was warm enough to detail here, my cars all splotchy from the first snowfall before I put it in the garage.. just gotta stoke the fire up and get it warm in there one day and start cleaning. I got a bunch of autopar stuff I want to try out. so many shops use it around here.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nice Haul Jeff!!! That roller chair is f*cking expensive on Autogeek!!! I want one, but i just use a office car with no back lol.

I have been looking to buy a metrovac now that they sell at Cost Co... Is it as strong as a shop vac?

Also, what model Karcher pressure washer is that? How many PSI?

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
Nice Haul Jeff!!! That roller chair is f*cking expensive on Autogeek!!! I want one, but i just use a office car with no back lol.

I have been looking to buy a metrovac now that they sell at Cost Co... Is it as strong as a shop vac?

Also, what model Karcher pressure washer is that? How many PSI?

thanks man.
I got the chair at sema show pricing so I saved about 25% :)

that washer I got off onesaleaday.com for 75 bucks shipped! --believe it or not.
The book says 3.47MR. it's 1800 PSI, and comes with an adjustable pressure spray end, and a 360 degree pencil jet end. that one's good for blasting the helmet out of concrete and stuff.

I'd say it sucks as hard as a shop vac, however the diameter of the hose is smaller than a shop vac.
for cars, carpet, floors dust ect this thing works great. it has really good suction, and it's not a PITA to move around the car and pick up/hold. plus with all the different tips, get's into all the grooves and it's much more useful than a shopvac IMO.

Obsessive Detail

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Love the seat!

You will really like that Metro Vac. I have one now and planning on getting another 1 or 2. In my opinion, they are just as powerful as a shop vac. I like how small the Metro Vac is, it is so much easier to manuever than a shop vac, it is also a lot quieter.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
You have a whole corner, i'm lucky if I find a clean rag. I'm the last person you could call a detailer. Nice stuff though jeff.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
outstanding shelf and sweet stool. definaly nothing better then a handy roller ftw!

greenscobie86

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:

Haha. I use an old office chair too, its sooo helpful!

Not to threadjack, but why dont you try the Rigid Shop Vac Line from Home Depot? I have one since 2004 and I can honestly say its probably the BEST garage purchase of all time... If you wait for a special you might even get one for like $30.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Obsessive Detail said:
Love the seat!

You will really like that Metro Vac. I have one now and planning on getting another 1 or 2. In my opinion, they are just as powerful as a shop vac. I like how small the Metro Vac is, it is so much easier to manuever than a shop vac, it is also a lot quieter.

thanks Justin, good to get some supporting feedback! it is quieter. and it's cute :)

Thanks Steven

Thanks DuffDoubleD

Thanks Crusin

Now I got this stuff, and my car's at the shop, truck and wifes car are covered in snow...
nothing to clean <sadface>

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
it's comfy and rolls super smooth.

the casters are arced out in the middle so it's practically impossible tip over. :)

98svtcobra

Reaction score
Awesome detail corner man!!. I'm a detail nut but ususally use Maquires products. looking at the bottles you have I'm not familiar witih the products. What are they?

Also, does your GT have a different rear bumper? I like the Saleen wing as well. The car looks awesome!!

Let me know

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
thanks!
I started out using meguires, but have found products that work better and go on/off easire.

I like the Poorboys polishes, also like the Chemical Guys line.
Obsessive Detail also has good products, and is a forums sponsor, so you can get a price break if ordering from him.

what specifically are you wondering about?

My GT's rear bumper is the stock one with pieces added/blended in to lower it and make it blend with the side.

wytstang

Reaction score
So when are you going to buy some Menzerna polishes?

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
dunno buddy, can I afford that one?

did I ever show you the picture of my empty gallon jug of spray N gloss!!
I remember a few yeaaars ago you were harassing me about getting it.
used it up last summer :)