Got My 281, Now I Have a few??????????????????????????????????????

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Aight, Its black, not glossy black but black. Would any of you mount it, as is? Without paint? If i mount it, will the bodyshop have to remove it to paint it? How do i mount it exactly? Do i buy bolts to screw into it? Or can i use the ones off my stock wing?

S

scarface

when I did my cobra wing, I bought a stem of threaded rod, and cut 4 studs out of it.

94Vert

Reaction score
if your thinking of having it painted they will charge you less if it's not on your car so they don't have to mask anything. if it's not gloss it will probably not look good on the car.

blackstangs281

Reaction score
get it painted before you put it on. It should have come with new bolts. If not, I think you can use your old ones.

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Its not studded. I mean the wing doesnt have studs sticking out from it. It has holes in it, where bolts would go.

Suspect

Reaction score
should have came with the bolts already screwed in. :dunno:

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Looks like im gonna have to let a shop put it on :-\

Suspect

Reaction score
are u sure they arent there? i can find the bolt size for ya. pay someone to paint it yea, but dont pay them to install it. my painter quoted me 50-75 buxs, he wasnt sure on what wing i was talking about. if u want i can maybe get him to do both of them together, maybe get a deal. lemme know and ill hit him up.

install is easy just take ur old one off and have someone hold the new one on. then open the trunk and line up the holes and bolt it on. so ez a caveman can do it. also remember that tip i posted.. ull see what i mean when its on.

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Suspect said:
are u sure they arent there? i can find the bolt size for ya. pay someone to paint it yea, but dont pay them to install it. my painter quoted me 50-75 buxs, he wasnt sure on what wing i was talking about. if u want i can maybe get him to do both of them together, maybe get a deal. lemme know and ill hit him up.

install is easy just take ur old one off and have someone hold the new one on. then open the trunk and line up the holes and bolt it on. so ez a caveman can do it. also remember that tip i posted.. ull see what i mean when its on.
I Checked the box and found nothing. The wing has the four holes where studs should screw in, but i have no studs....Any ideas on how i can get this thing on?

94Vert

Reaction score
what about using the bolts from the stock wing. if not just go to lowes or whatever and buy some bolts

freakshow12

Reaction score
you are also going to need the 3m 2 sided tape the body shops use. front and rear edges will need to be done with that.

Suspect

Reaction score
freakshow12 said:
you are also going to need the 3m 2 sided tape the body shops use. front and rear edges will need to be done with that.
no its a 4 bolt.

foster ill let u know the size of the bolt u need tommorrow. unless someone else knows it.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Call the company you bought it from and tell them to send you some damn bolts... They should have came with it.

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Call the company you bought it from and tell them to send you some damn bolts... They should have came with it.
E-mail already sent...

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
make sure before you send it off for paint that it fits correctly on the decklid...i have heard people just leave it on the decklid with some weight on it (books) to get it fit perfect. O0

S

scarface

(((Foster98GT))) said:
Suspect said:

I Checked the box and found nothing. The wing has the four holes where studs should screw in, but i have no studs....Any ideas on how i can get this thing on?
i told you earlier in the post how to do it. Go get a stick of threaded rod that fits the holes, take a hacksaw and cut the rod into studs...will cost like 2 bux

freakshow12

Reaction score
Suspect said:
freakshow12 said:
no its a 4 bolt.

foster ill let u know the size of the bolt u need tommorrow. unless someone else knows it.

mine is a saleen 4 bolt and I had to still use it to get it nice.

Suspect

Reaction score
almost forgot. need 1/4-20 x 3/4 hex cap screws and maybe get some 1" ones for the back. lowes will have it maybe 1 or 2 buxs. :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online