gt40p spring help ASAP!

RichV

Reaction score
They all fit. Whether you can get plugs in afterwards is another story.

OP
OP
test-tube-baby

test-tube-baby

Reaction score
a8eqy3ym.jpg

OP
OP
test-tube-baby

test-tube-baby

Reaction score
So heres a picture of the studs that i dont know how to get out. Im pretty sure theyre just treaded in but theres nothing to grab onto to twist them out... Am i looking at it wrong? And heres a picture of the aluminum rockers that he gave me with them and the silver ones are supposed to be the stock ones... this guy i bought them from is not really a mustang guy but im pretty sure they arent stock, they look a whole lot better then the ones that came off the E7s. Any ideas?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Are you talking about the studs in post #23? If so, there's got to be a way. Anyone with specific experience? One way I know of for similar situations is to use two nuts, thread one down on the stud, then another one after that. Tighten the top nut until it contacts the bottom nut, then use two wrenches to tighten the nuts against themselves - the top night you will tighten, the bottom one loosen. They will get tight against each other. Then loosen just the bottom nut - if it's done right, the bottom nut will not be able to move up the threads because of the top nut, and will end up turning the stud instead.

Addermk2

Reaction score
dont take the studs out. the blue rockers are a much better part than those stamped steel rollers.

OP
OP
test-tube-baby

test-tube-baby

Reaction score
I know they're better but id have to buy a new two new stuff mounts and new push rods, ill so that in the future but I just want the car
Back to running a soon as I can
Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
test-tube-baby

test-tube-baby

Reaction score
And that seems like a good idea! I don't know why I didn't think to do that with the two nuts.. I'm about to go try it out!

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Push rods are cheap as hell , but clearly you are too . No pun intended push rods are dirt cheap .

OP
OP
test-tube-baby

test-tube-baby

Reaction score
The ones I see and want to use are like 50 dollars. right now I can't fit that in my budget. I want the car back together before I start doing certain things and changing the rockers out arent really in my plan right now. Id honestly rather sell the blue ones to have money for something else right now

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I hear you, money is what it is. Sometimes there's extra to do stuff with, and sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get by. Yeah, pushrods are cheap, if you have some extra cash. If you don't, well. Then they might as well cost a million. Everybody can't make money appear. It is what it is.

That's one of the toughest things, I think, when it comes to working on cars. Once you start tearing something down, it's easy for it to get out of control, and people will always say "you're dumb, you should also do this and thus while you are in there." But this and thus always costs something. It's always easy for others to say (in this situation) that it's just pushrods. But it can get out of hand so fast. For example, say you have to fix a bent valve. Well, you are already in there, might as well replace all the valve seals. They are probably bad now. And you might as well replace the springs. Surely they are worn. Why not get rid of those crapper stock rockers? And if you are going to do that, you might as well put on some new, decent aluminum heads. Which means you need to get rid of that restrictive exhaust and intake. Oh, and a cam. You'll need a cam to take advantage of all of that. Of course, if you get one that's too aggressive, you'll need a tune too. Etc etc etc. All for a bent valve. There's always something to do. But there isn't always money to do it with. Sometimes, you have to JUST fix the bent valve and button it all up. That's life.

Of course, I would say you should do all that stuff while you are there so you don't have to do it again. But if you tell me "hey man, love to, but I just don't have the money" then I respect that, and respect that you know your limits. Most people spend what they don't have. I'd say good luck, hope things get a little easier for you.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea but rather then just slap it together I'd wait to get the extra 50 bucks. Like if re using the e7 springs was even in question you shouldn't be doing a head swap . We've all been there , don't half ass it man it's winter

OP
OP
test-tube-baby

test-tube-baby

Reaction score
In Texas there is no winter and I didn't plan on doing a head swap. I broke a bolt ok my old heads and it was easier to buy my neighbors. And its my daily driver, I'm getting tired of walking to work... :banghead:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online