GUNK IN RADIATOR

Jubert

Reaction score
I have gunk in my radiator how should I flush it out safely ???
I believe I bought an abandoned mustang she needs some love and I am trying my best but I have an oil leak too along with needing a tune up... Do any of you have suggestions on how to flush my block and what chemicals to use.... I am planning to replace my radiator... Should I just go ahead and replace my water pump too ???:confused::confused::confused:

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I suppose you could flush it with the old pump and radiator on, then remove them and fill all the new parts with new fluid. What sort of gunk. Regular radiator flush works just fine from the parts stores. I like to use distilled water when I do it, some say it doesn't matter.

OP
OP
Jubert

Jubert

Reaction score
I have no issues at all Its this brown pudding like gunk.. I see it on my radiator cap.. I dont believe its the head gasket but it is squishy and doesnt leave much residue behind when squished between my fingers... And my oil needs changing I realized its still thivk with no addedd moisture as if the head gasket gave up

OP
OP
Jubert

Jubert

Reaction score
so it might be a blown head gasket ???

OP
OP
Jubert

Jubert

Reaction score
Im not having excessive smoke water in my oil or any tell tell signs of a blown gasket.... Thanks for all the info tho guys Im appreciating it... Are there any vegas members on this forum ???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online