Guys have pics of your sub/amp setups?

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of Kicker 12" subs (Round ones) and amp from circuitcity which will be from "Santa" heh, and I need some ideas of where to place my amp and what not. Plus I just like to see pics of everyones setups...

Thanks

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well, i no longer have the sys in my car but i had mine just mounted to the back of my sub box. then you could just pull the rear seats down to adjust if needed. plus i had the bass controller up front. just get the biggest box you can fit in the trunk, and that means pulling the rear seat and frame to get her in the trunk

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
The subs come with a box. Heres the pic of it
EC.KKR.05DC124.jpg

Im thinking I will put it on the amp in the back of the box and just pull the seats down if I need to adjust it as you said. Thanks :santa_smiley:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I dont have anything in yet. Right now i just have infinity kappa's in the door but i will be putting them in the back and putting ads 346cs comp set up front and a cadence z8000 amp to power em. I will pry put the amp in the back seat/trunk, but i would like to fit it under the passenger seat if it is possible. I will find out when i see how big the amp is and how much room i have. I doubt it will work. I dont plan on putting any subs in the stang. Just more weight, but if i did i would go all out w/ fiberglass etc. to make it look as nice as possible.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
This is on my ' to do " list for this spring. Im expecting to get a nice Pioneer CD player for christmas from Santa so that will get me started.........then I have to decide on subs and a amp :santa_undecided:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
This is on my ' to do " list for this spring. Im expecting to get a nice Pioneer CD player for christmas from Santa so that will get me started.........then I have to decide on subs and a amp :santa_undecided:

When it comes time to make any purchases i high recommend checking out this site . I checked it out before making any decisions and i am very glad i did. A lot of good info. They can answer any questions or you can find about any answer by searching. There is a lot of great companies out there who are not "mainstream" but have better stuff than those that are mainstream for better prices.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
Snakebit said:

When it comes time to make any purchases i high recommend checking out this site . I checked it out before making any decisions and i am very glad i did. A lot of good info. They can answer any questions or you can find about any answer by searching. There is a lot of great companies out there who are not "mainstream" but have better stuff than those that are mainstream for better prices.

thanks, Ill look at it right now :santa_afro:

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Here is mine..sorry for the messiness. That was right after I installed it. I wish I could say I have cleaned it up since then...but I havent :santa_embarassed:. Well I kinda did it looks a little bit nicer but nothing fancy. Just a JL W0 and the 250/1.

img2531fb3.jpg

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
here is the amp i will be getting.
z8000cf(2)_1061_DETAIL.jpg

I will probably order it tomorrow night or friday. It depends on when i get my speakers which will be ads 346cs. the amp 15†x 10.75†x 2.4 so i dont think it will fit under the passenger seat but i have never really looked under there to see how much room there is. I hope it does but i doubt it.

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
SgtMike said:
Here is mine..sorry for the messiness. That was right after I installed it. I wish I could say I have cleaned it up since then...but I havent :santa_embarassed:. Well I kinda did it looks a little bit nicer but nothing fancy. Just a JL W0 and the 250/1.

img2531fb3.jpg

Any other pics? Im kinda scared the ported box wont fit because its 16" tall, and I think I have 18" of room to work with after the amps, but under the amps and plastic cover, I have only around 15" :santa_undecided: I might have to turn it upright :santa_undecided:

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I dont have any right now..but today is my last day of school for the year :dancing6:. So I can probably take some tomorrow.

94yellowgt

Reaction score
Sorry for the pic quality, but I took this with my phone. There is actually two 10's there. They are facing each other and the top one is hooked up in reverse polarity so that they act as one big sub.

V6 Wannabe

Reaction score
That setup is actually really cool 94yellowgt. Does it make it louder than if it were 2 separate 10's in a typical box?

94yellowgt

Reaction score
V6 Wannabe said:
That setup is actually really cool 94yellowgt. Does it make it louder than if it were 2 separate 10's in a typical box?
Not real sure if it would be louder but I only have like $40 in my setup, minus the speakers and amp of coarse. The fiberglass resign cost $25, the port is pvc pipe and cost like five dollars and the partical board was $10. A friend of mine worked at an electronic store and he wanted to try it this way and see how it sounded. He said he was impressed but that I needed more amp. It hit like 133 db when we tested it. He said with more amp, it would have been close to 140 db.

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea man, very nice interior! Actually, you have a bad ass car all together! DOes you car rattle bad?

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
This car has ZERO rattles or vibrations.. It is WAAAY quieter than stock and I can't even here my fuel pumps anymore without the stereo on... The car has 60 square feet of Stinger Expert Roadkill for dampening vibrations.. For sound absorbtion, I removed the entire interior and ran a 1 piece carptet from taillights to firewall, which is what you see beneath my batteries.. I only run one 10, so the bass is not too loud... It still makes the rear view mirror go blurry, but it's a sound quality system.

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
I'm not done with the system yet.. I had to get it up and running for a sale we had so I finished in a hurry... I need $160 in black chrome battery terminals, and to build a 2nd false wall behind the amp rack so I can hide the wiring... I cut the rear trunk panel about two inches too short so it exposed some wiring, so I need to dye and put the new one in that I have.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online